• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Problem with 30cc Sbach sugestions please

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
Still having problems. I moved the cg back like you said plane became almost uncontrolable. I played
with the cg a little no help. right now i am at 5". I noticed if I turn or loop and use very little elevator
it flies good but as soon as I add more elevator for a tighter turn or loop it washes out like it stalls,
Are you getting other complaints about this problem? I can not get this plane to fly right

[MENTION=4218]dirtbikebobby[/MENTION] Can you please give us more info about the plane.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Do you have the voltage set correctly for you servos? Those should be set to either 4.8v or 6.0 the latter giving the 133 oz-in. Even if your servos were under powered, which I think they are for that size plane. I don't think they would do what you described. Didn't you say it only does this while in the air? Wonder if you are getting corrupted signal or fade while in the air at any significant distance. Have you done a range check? Do you have another RX you can throw in there. I would try swapping out the RX with a different one if I could and if that checks out I would try a different esc if I could. I would also test the servos. It's going to be a process of elimination brother. I know it sucks but guessing until you get sucks more. All your hinges are glued tight right, no big gaps or anything? Im just throwing ideas out here.

I agree that the servos could be stronger, however I doubt they are causing you the issues your having. I don't think it would be a receiver issue either due to the fact your having problems at the same low speed elevator maneuvers, and not all while on the ground or in regular level flight. It just seems like a CG issue, but I know you followed aerobeez instructions and tried an inch back from their original point.

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
Does it roll out to the same direction everytime? My guess is elevator halves not synced perfectly. However 645s aren't the best servos. Slow and weak.

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
[MENTION=4218]dirtbikebobby[/MENTION]

Thank you for giving us more information. When did you start having this issue? Is it possible we can get a video showing exactly what the airplane is doing? It would help a lot of help if we can see the tail functioning.

I Love Nachos

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Usually in a loop you have to add a little right rudder to keep any plane flying straight. I would suspect what some of the others have mentioned.

Is it a dual servo elevator?

Has the plane ever been crashed and repaired?

Is it at all possible to get a video of the tail surfaces working?

Do you have any type of mix programmed in to your radio?

Send pics of the plane and maybe one of us can spot something.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Any plane can snap out of a turn if it is too tight. You can stall the wing at any speed by changing the angle of attack. Are we sure this is not the issue? I think a video would really help.