• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Power switch hole patching?

delta2001

New to GSN!
I am going from 3 power switches to 1 switch. Does anyone have a simple clean way to patch the holes? I had thought about just putting covering over them but I don't have the 2 colors I need. Do they make blank covers? Thanks for any help.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I think you could make your own cover pretty easy if you can't cover them with a covering material. You just need thin plastic and a sharpie. You could use a piece of credit card or a lid from cool whip or something like that. Cut it with scissors or a dremel to the right shape, drill some holes and color it black.

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
I am going from 3 power switches to 1 switch. Does anyone have a simple clean way to patch the holes? I had thought about just putting covering over them but I don't have the 2 colors I need. Do they make blank covers? Thanks for any help.

Not sure if they make blanks, but maybe we can help you find the covering you need? What plane and what colors?

-g

delta2001

New to GSN!
The blue and yellow on an extreme flight 88 edge. Just a couple inch squares of each would do it. I would be happy to pay postage if anyone has any.

njswede

150cc
Extreme Flight uses UltraCote as far as I know. Figure out what color it is and go to your hobby store (or your online store) and order a "trim sheet" in the same color. These are self adhesive and usually match perfectly.

In fact, I just had a similar problem. I started cutting out a hole for a switch and changed my mind. A patch of trim sheet later and it's almost gone and forgotten. If you use actual iron-on covering material, you'll have a more seamless repair, but then you usually have to buy a whole roll.

IMAG0726.jpg

delta2001

New to GSN!
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I am liking both the decal and trim sheet ideas, both holes are right beside each other. I Think Ill get some and just slap it on there.

Last edited by a moderator:

joshgluck

100cc
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I am liking both the decal and trim sheet ideas, both holes are right beside each other. I Think Ill get some and just slap it on there.

I've got an extra 3dhs sticker that would look awesome on there. Pm me your address and I'll mail it to you at no charge :p