• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

POLL, Please vote, Classifieds Alert Flag

Should we keep or delete the red flag that alerts users when there are new items in the classifieds?

• Keep the red alert flag

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • Get rid of it

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Bacon

Votes: 9 21.4%

• Total voters

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
bacon.jpg

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I personally don't buy used but know others do, I respect that therefore I voted to keep it.

thurmma

150cc
Mmmmmmm...... Bacon.

Would like it more if it could be cleared without actually looking at every ad.

If you click on the Classifieds link, then on the category that has new items in it and then click on the "Mark forums read" link in the top bar, you will have the option to just mark the current forum read or mark all forums read. I stumbled on this by accident one day and it has made the classifieds flag much less painful :)

BEWARE, if you don't click on the category before using the Mark Forums Read link, you will only be able to mark ALL forums read.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Sorry, can't help you there, I'm not from Chicago.
That would be even funnier if it wasn't true. The two main Counties in Illinois where the dead vote multiple times are Cook, where Chicago is, and St. Clair where I live. In East St. Louis about 20 minutes from me it's not uncommon to have 120% of the registered voters vote in an election. And 99% all go to one party.

Maybe I can find someway to get the dead to vote in this poll!

Suds

50cc
If you click on the Classifieds link, then on the category that has new items in it and then click on the "Mark forums read" link in the top bar, you will have the option to just mark the current forum read or mark all forums read. I stumbled on this by accident one day and it has made the classifieds flag much less painful :)

BEWARE, if you don't click on the category before using the Mark Forums Read link, you will only be able to mark ALL forums read.

Unfortunately you need to mark each section within the classifieds as read. I'd be good with the flag if you could mark all classifieds as read.

ExtraJohn

70cc twin V2
Doesn't bother me at all.

I would like to see the number go even higher.

I'm sure there is a lot hiding in attics and basements that should be out flying.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Doesn't bother me at all.

I would like to see the number go even higher.

I'm sure there is a lot hiding in attics and basements that should be out flying.
That's what I've been trying to tell people! Used is good! For me and a lot of other people! The flag is supposed to keep nudging people to sell their used stuff (to me)

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Used is also the only option some people have to continue enjoying a life time hobby.

Things happen in a life that can alter it in a heartbeat.

And little things like a hobby can do wonders for a persons mental health.
HELL YES TO THIS!:I_agree:

I see people every day and think to myself, They need a good hobby.