• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
HA!!!!! Ohhh my Pitts brother, if only.....This one is worse than the others, even the CD is of little use.
I need the bottom wing halves to finish the rough in on the fuse. So I have dry fitted one wing half, man that was a chore. On the other EMHW's the CD was most useful in figuring things out, not on this one. It is all from past experience and working it like a jigsaw puzzle. I need to do a strut to see how it fits with the wing and I can glue it all together then hit the other half.

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 199

jeff

30cc
That's a bummer...you'd think that for what you spend for these kits they would come with proper assembly directions; I mean, a box of Legos at least sends you directions for assembling a thousand pieces into a Star Wars battle ship which if you throw hard enough has a pretty good flight time...Lol!!

jeff

30cc
One thing I do know for sure is that when completed it's going to be better then any given directions could explain. Those extra mods you usually add to the build is common sense.

Jeff

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Thank you Jeff. The only mods for this one are for weight, without sacrificing strength. Such as the tail feather mount, they have brass tubing with piano wire (high carbon steel) inserts. I changed out the brass for one size larger (the closest size in standard) and replaced the piano with brass. I eliminated one ounce doing this. They also had a boxed tunnel for pipes, I am not running pipes. So, I removed most of the hardwood, just used what was needed for a fuel tank seat.
I took today off from the build to rebuild my thrust test stand. It was in need of some new wood and new sliders.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
And here is the newly rebuilt thrust test stand, minus the post of course.

Attachments

• P1080330.JPG
    P1080330.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 175

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Well, there's no doubt about this DLE 111 now. I just did the first run and around 4500rpm it is pulling 35lbs. I have no doubt that with around 7K peak rpm it can handle this Challenger.

Attachments

• P1080331.JPG
    P1080331.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The sheeting is on the wing panel, as well as the tube socket and rotation pin.

Attachments

• 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 183

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
That wing panel is complete and the other side is on the table.

Attachments

• 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 214

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Ohhhhhhh,
Lord it's hard to be humble,

when you're perfect in everywayyyyy.

Each day I check into the threads,

but no one has nothing to sayyyyy.

So I'll just keep on plugging along,

in hope's of someone catching up someday.

Oh Lord it's hard to be humble,

but I'm doing the best that I can....

Last edited: