• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The bird is off it's back and on it's own leg's.

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 237

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Holy cow!! I went looking for a set of canisters for a DLE 111, first up was Chief at $487.00, I don't think so!! Anyone know a better source, cheaper?

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The fin has been fitted and leveled/squared. I will leave it here for the day, in the morning I need to do some sanding to fit the stab tube and stabs.

Attachments

• 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 275

WMcNabb

150cc
Thank you gentlemen, I enjoy building for others as much as myself. I get to build beautiful aircraft and it don't cost me a dime, doesn't get any better.
Wade, the difference between Ultracote and Stits are night and day. I can't give you any hard numbers right now but I would guess four to one in weight difference if not slightly more. And for a bird of this size that is a big difference, once I get a roll of the Ultrcote I can tell you better.

Wow!! I'm really surprised by the difference. And yes, with something as large as your Challenger, that's huge.

What is the weight of your S1? I realize you added a ton of scale detail, that won't be on this one.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Wow!! I'm really surprised by the difference. And yes, with something as large as your Challenger, that's huge.

What is the weight of your S1? I realize you added a ton of scale detail, that won't be on this one.
Stits starts with polyester which weighs near nothing but light ends there, next up is 2-4 layers of polybrush, 1-2 layers of polyspray, 1-4 layers of color, plus the stitching and tapes. The Eagle came out to 48.5 lbs, it was 50 on the nose until I rearranged the components and removed the weights.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Spent most of the day getting the cabane put in, bending it was quick with a neighbors break, but the fine tuning to fit just so not so easy. Also have the stab tube in place and epoxy curing. Once the epoxy is cured I can cut them apart and install the remaining tube in the fuse.

Attachments

• 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 218
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 205

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The fuse tube's along with the stab halves are in place, leveled, and epoxied. Note level on fuse and each stab half, check, check, and double check...

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 245