• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

Jaketab

50cc
Good tip on the struts. The struts are hollow. It appears I'll have to block the upper and lower struts to have something to mount to.
I don't recall anything on mounting the struts in any of the forums I have reviewed.
Maybe I missed it.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
@acerc, That Bulldog looks AWESOME! ! ! ! ! However, I don't care how shiny the plane is, IMHO, it will never look as good as your Pitts does . . . .:yesss:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
An insert goes into the strut, there should be a small dot on the strut mount surface, but using the dot first make getting the hole through the wing critical. Wait and tape the struts in place then drill through the wing into the strut. I don't remember where I got the how to but the kit does supply the threaded inserts and socket head bolts.
First pic is of my unpolished bolt, second pic is preparing to add the insert, third pics is after installing inserts on bottom side. I use a piece of balsa to make an angle guide between the wing and strut then drilled and threaded the insert into strut. Where the bolt goes through the wing is where I used brass tube to make a channel between the top and bottom spars for they are hollow.

Attachments

• 82.JPG
    82.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 230
  • 83.JPG
    83.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 216
  • 84.JPG
    84.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 191

Jaketab

50cc
The struts on the big Pitts appear to be fiberglass/gel & carbon fiber lined with 1 carbon fiber reinforced spar running the length.
No mounting attachments on the inside.

Attachments

• DSCF4053.JPG
    DSCF4053.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 216

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The struts on the big Pitts appear to be fiberglass/gel & carbon fiber lined with 1 carbon fiber reinforced spar running the length.
No mounting attachments on the inside.
Ouch, I see your dilemma. Those don't look finished to me, I think I would inquire about them with EMHW.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The fuse is ready for shipping, still have to put the ailerons on and add the ele's to the stab's. With all the assembly Jeff has to do it really is an ARF for him. I may get this thing to the shipper Monday, depends on Jeff.

Attachments

• P1080286.JPG
    P1080286.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 195

jeff

30cc
Wooohooo!!!!!!!!! I'm on it like, RIGHT NOW!! YES....
Your the man Rob!! Calling you....

Thanks,
Jeff