• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

pittsflyer777

New to GSN!
Hey @pittsflyer777, Welcome to the Funny Farm. You should fit in with the rest of us "crazy's" just fine . . . . . :yesss:
Thanks, glad to be one of y'all!
I'm looking forward to flying my GP Pitts this weekend here in beautiful NC. I've just outfitted the airframe with new digital servos and fresh batteries. Nothing tops a Pitts in the air or on the ground...

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
The top wing bolt together has been done. Problem is though, it requires a longer ball driver than I have. So in the morning I will go pick up two and braze them into one long one. And, yes, I will send it along with the airframe. Once I get it back apart tomorrow I will show what I did.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Yes, there is a brass tube on about an 30° angle the ball driver goes through. I have picked up the extra long driver and will post a couple pics this evening. It work's very well, I have done it before.

reyn3545

100cc
I wish CompARF would have thought about a tube for that hole in their top wing. It's a (witch) to get the driver properly aligned on the bolt and keep it there!

But I do like the bolt-up solution. Keeps the wings secure to the center section, its well hidden, and has never come loose.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I learned the technique from furniture and cabinet making, it does work very well for our application.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I finally got a minute to take a pic. The 8-32 is permanently in place but rotates easily, so just slide the wing halves together guided by the wing tube and alignment pin, then screw them up tight. Sorry but with all that is going on here I did not think to take pics of the process.
Now I can sand this wing and everything should be ready for covering.

Attachments

• P1080201.JPG
    P1080201.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 319
  • P1080202.JPG
    P1080202.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 300

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok guy's , here is the airframe assembled less the engine (I know it fits already). Now to disassemble it and do a final sand in prep for covering. I will do it in section's, sand and cover that is. I will begin this, sand and cover phase, tomorrow.

Attachments

• P1080203.JPG
    P1080203.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 370
Last edited: