• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Pitts S1-T, S1-S, and a Challenger.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Rob, Dude!! It looks great...I can only imagine what your going to do and how beautiful the Challenger, Bulldog II is going to look like. I hope you decide to go all out scale. I have yet to see one so far. Go for it. You have all the skills necessary to make it a winner!

Jeff
I am not sure if I will go scale, probably, but it will be some time before I get to it.

Jaketab

50cc
Something I've noticed about the plans and the ply cut out parts is that the pieces, when overlayed on the plans, are slightly longer.
Such as the shear web spacers when pasted in between the ribs, would cause the wing to be slightly longer than the drawing on the plan.
Question is - are most sanding or trimming the parts to fit the drawings or can you depend on the cut out parts to be accurate ????

Jaketab

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Use the plans only as a guide, use the parts as they are. Paper changes size depending on temp and humidity hence the difference, and they could just be printed different. I noted earlier to use the shear webs as the spacers. Once the first half is built use it to check the second. This is one of the reasons I like magnets, once set up I can build both halves in the same magnetic jig.

Jaketab

50cc
Got it Ace. Will lay the shear webs as they are. Will only correct the webs if the ribs get out of parallel.
I have not checked my bank statement lately. Have you been billing me for the technical support??? LOL

J Tab

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
It is a little bit of a pain assembling with glue being everything aligns as it goes together. So being don't let the mini square get to far out of reach. Which reminds me, when you get to the top wing first thing off make up an alignment square made to the angle of those ribs to spars. I don't remember the sweep but you can get the angle off the plans.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I may not get to the clear today, the Windex has not completely vacated from under the vinyl yet. And clearing over it would most definitely not be good.

Jaketab

50cc
For you guys using the Aerobond Express, what is a reasonable clamping time before moving on.
Spending too much time lately watching glue dry.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Been a while since I used any of it but if I remember correctly it is like Titebond, just a couple minutes for handling strength, ten to fifteen for basically a full cure. Glue a scrap piece or two together and see what works for you.

Jaketab

50cc
Ace - Not 100% decided, but maybe red Solartex or 21st Century with clear coat finish. Suggestions welcome.
Thinking of fiberglass panels for the forward fuse. Where do you get yours.