• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Product Pilot-RC New Pitts!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Not sure Earle. From what I see in the video and photos, it looks like it is spring loaded and the groove is as you mentioned. Slots with a lock. Kind of a cool design huh? But my worry would be..."Is it secure"? Cuz I know I would want to put one of those danged "G-Force" pilots inside the cockpit. I would hate to lose one of those dudes. Ain't cheap....

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Yep...that's it. Looks like the rods pivot up and into slots on the canopy tabs. Guessing spring loaded to keep them in the locked position, or overcenter geometry to do it?
It's a carbon fiber rod fixed solid in the center of the fuse that's in L shaped slots in the sides. The spring is the rod itself. The slots allow you to pull back and down to release or let it spring forward to lock.