Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Peak Models 32% Extra 330 SC

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale ARF Build Threads' started by 49dimes, Apr 8, 2015.

1. rmyers

rmyers 70cc twin V2

I haven't touched the setup in the Aura other than to match up the radio trims. I'm comfortable with the way it flies on the low rate setting and stabilization on. I might have bumped up the expo on my radio I'll have to check.

49dimes likes this.
  2. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Weather is turning me bitter :gnashing:.....cold that is :thumbsdown:. Have not been able to get a test flight in :(.

Good news is I got some really :too-cool: stickers coming my way via @Decal Dennis :woohoo!:.

So when I do get the test flight under my belt the plane will be sport'n some "out of this world" graphics!:yesss:

3. rmyers

rmyers 70cc twin V2

Battery all the way to the firewall. The assembly manual states "The location of the center of gravity for the QQ Extra 300 is aligned with the FRONT EDGE of the RADIO HATCH." So I agree it's nose heavy here. I didn't move the battery very far back but the plane sure behaved tail heavy on that last flight. I'll fly it this way as soon as the weather gets warmer again.

IMG_20180115_110457_593.jpg

4. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

I like the "CG machine" you devised :way_to_go:. I have found this plane to get darn right "squirrely" and way over sensitive on any kind of throw with small expo and even moderate expo amounts if the Aura is not stabilizing it. I have flown it with the Aura off and full throws dialed up but it took a ton of expo and it barely tamed it then. The wing is not portioned or air-foiled like other models and is close coupled with the stab. Makes for some weird science IMO.

5. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Got the oil and grime washed off me hands so I could unbox these :).

Way more fun unboxing with "anticipation" than watching some 20+ year old motor run :yesss:.

0120181934-00.jpg Behold! @Snoopy1

0120181933-00.jpg

BIG thanks to @Decal Dennis :way_to_go:.

stangflyer, rmyers, Luchnia and 4 others like this.
  6. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    49dimes likes this.
  7. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Got some of the stickers on the plane. Finish it up tomorrow or the next day and then it's time to fly to Mars :alien2:.

0120182344-00.jpg 0120182328-00.jpg 0120182344-01.jpg 0121180039-00.jpg 0121180041-00.jpg

AKNick, stangflyer, rmyers and 6 others like this.
  8. Alky6

Alky6 150cc

That is SICK! Love it!!!!:yesss:

stangflyer, 49dimes and pawnshopmike like this.
  9. stangflyer, 49dimes and Decal Dennis like this.
  10. Luchnia

Luchnia 70cc twin V2

Looks nice and has a great theme!

49dimes likes this.