• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Peak Models 32% Extra 330 SC

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Just by studying the pics I have also noticed that the wing is set further forward on the fuse and the ailerons are larger compared to the Pilot. Noted the Pilot rudder to have much larger counter balance area than the Peak. I think the extended fuse moment of the Peak will allow great rolling performance with stability. A quality I was looking at with the 3dhs m55 yak. And the extra large elevators for those nice tight KE spins and whooptie loops!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Wow! I found my first Peak Models Edge Picture! About 7 years ago! Boy does time fly better and faster than I do.

Can you tell I'm friggin board out of my mind waiting for this damn thing to show up??? lol
154380.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
@stangflyer I did sell the 3 dub to a guy who knows a close friend of mine. He has it on a Giant Hots.

I went over it with him and made carb adjustments and increased the pop off pressure so the carb stopped dribbling fuel.

He is very happy with it. I started him on a 24x10 xoar for a few gallons and he is now swinging a 26x10. He told me it's so much more powerful than the DLE 55 he had that it pulled some of the covering and balsa sheeting off the bottom of the plane !:on_the_go:.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Wow! I found my first Peak Models Edge Picture! About 7 years ago! Boy does time fly better and faster than I do.

In 2010 I was pretty new to gas and bought my first "giant ARF" that was an edge just like your old one but mine was the 30cc redbull scheme. I had a side carb DLE30 that I bought that custom rear conversion being made over on FG. Converted it and the plane flew great. Only problem was I was just coming off of glow with limited knowledge and I loaded the thing up with dual 5 cell NiMh packs, with a 4 cell NiMh on ignition and all the associated switches, etc. Man, looking back that thing was a TANK!! It really flew well though for sport flying and I learned to hover at about 100ft!!:D

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
In 2010 I was pretty new to gas and bought my first "giant ARF" that was an edge just like your old one but mine was the 30cc redbull scheme. I had a side carb DLE30 that I bought that custom rear conversion being made over on FG. Converted it and the plane flew great. Only problem was I was just coming off of glow with limited knowledge and I loaded the thing up with dual 5 cell NiMh packs, with a 4 cell NiMh on ignition and all the associated switches, etc. Man, looking back that thing was a TANK!! It really flew well though for sport flying and I learned to hover at about 100ft!!:D
OMG...this sounds so like me three years ago. Great Planes 27% Edge 540, RCG 50, (which ran awesome and still does to this day) 5 cell Nimh x (2) for rx., 4 cell Nimh for ign. Admittedly it too was a tank. Nearly 18 lbs. Flew really great and liked it. But thought, "If this is good, I can just imagine an updated newer airframe and more mainstream motor"! Hence the Pilot Edge. I was so "HOOKED" from that moment on!:banana-dance:
@stangflyer I did sell the 3 dub to a guy who knows a close friend of mine. He has it on a Giant Hots.

I went over it with him and made carb adjustments and increased the pop off pressure so the carb stopped dribbling fuel.

He is very happy with it. I started him on a 24x10 xoar for a few gallons and he is now swinging a 26x10. He told me it's so much more powerful than the DLE 55 he had that it pulled some of the covering and balsa sheeting off the bottom of the plane !:on_the_go:.
That's awesome to hear he is pleased with it. I like self destructive planes. :fist_pump: By the way, I've been known to touch things more than once. But not your ex girlfriends. They'd just want me to never stop.:laughing: