• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU Owners Thread

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Said I wouldn't bore ha with more pictures until the the baffles were done...well they are done....

b8c14f54901ce123881024e4c7e8f370_zpsf4b0138a.jpg
c71a779e6a995cc32575445079266f78_zpsd3201301.jpg
b5445b89b46afce5eb3ea0eb3fe6b92e_zpsf5d649d7.jpg
23fbc069628db0442c2daca81a5664c2_zpsa6806edd.jpg

Hey Greg....the PAU and 222 is coming along real sweet. You should be very pleased. Hey, question please? What spray did you use for the firewall, motor box and such? Where did you get it?

sweetpea

100cc
I've always used cheap primer gray paint first from places like walmart.

If you want the speckled look you then get the flekstone spray. Careful though because that stuff gets everywhere. create a shield or wrap your plane, it will get all over it!!!!!

Any good automotive spray paint though is great for the motorbox in repealing oil/gas.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I've always used cheap primer gray paint first from places like walmart.

If you want the speckled look you then get the flekstone spray. Careful though because that stuff gets everywhere. create a shield or wrap your plane, it will get all over it!!!!!

Any good automotive spray paint though is great for the motorbox in repealing oil/gas.
Awesome...thanks.

sweetpea

100cc
Forgot to mention.....the base coat of gray primer is so you can sparingly use the flexstone. It is grey/white/black so it the background grey fills in....helping you keep the weight down.

image.jpg
So, after massaging the links with a ball peen hammer ( sounds better than mashing the hell out of them) so that the poorly fit bushing is snug, and a couple drops of thin ca and a jam nut on the pushrods I finally have "rock solid " linkage with no slop.

Herve , please check your current batch of hardware. These really were a very poor fit, sure to cause flutter IMHO
Especially the fit of the bushing.
image.jpg

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
Well, if youre going to do a selfie, make it look good (thanks to my "new to me" ultimate).

I knew it was just a matter of time Until Herve got to me. Pat would like to join de club PAU!
20150208_181609.jpg