• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU Owners Thread

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Not impressed. Will leave it at that.
Interesting...they have been good enough for rather good results in competition...
First, the factory assembly is just assembled and not tightened.
Second, all need to be locktited
Then, once the final length adjustment is made on the turnbuckle, I put a couple of drops of CA on the titanium turnbuckle thread going into the gold connector.
Finally, if there is still play after this, we stand behind our product and replace it if so warranted...
Nothing is 100%, but we do our best to achieve 100% customer satisfaction.

I have only gotten the rudder and Elevator servos install and linkages set up in the 42% Extra and I don't have any play, infact just the opposite, I think between my choice of servos and the linkages there is almost no slop.

With that said, if I was scratch building the Extra I probably would have not have chosen this "style" of linkages only because I really dislike them showing on the top side of the control surfaces...but it is an ARF and Herve included this hardware so I didn't like feel like reinventing the wheel on an ARF.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I much prefer the G-10 arms so that the center of the pivot point lines up with the hinge center line, but that said I've had good luck with the PAU hardware on my Edge, Ultimate, Sukhoi and 176cc Extra......all holding up fine. I had one set get sloppy after a DA120 and a lot of fuel, but I installed new ones and used the drop of CA trick and they are perfect!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Meaning you weren't impressed with the hardware?
The hardware I received may have been a bad batch. A couple of the splined lockers that keep the plastic lock nut inside kept pushing off when I attempted to screw them on the studs. I used a cloth between the jaws of my pliers to set them back in, then center punched the sides to keep them from coming back out. Those buggers aren't going no where. Three of the receiving ends for the turnbuckle threads were only cut down about four threads. I had to tap them deeper in order to get the turn buckle in to a secure and useable length on the threads. One control horn was completely stripped and un-useable. Herve was prompt in offering a replacement. All were lock-tighted and now seem very solid with no slop.

Mine are tightened and loctited, the slop is in the bushing and the turnbuckle to ball link joint. Those of you who have tried the drop of ca trick, did it last long term or loosen up again? After closer inspection it looks like the threads on the turnbuckles aren't as crisp as a 4/40 cap screw. The screw fits much better than the turnbuckles

+1 on the G10 horns, never had a problem with them. Zero slop and pivot over the hinge line

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
The CA is for the threads where the push rod threads into the control link, if your bushing is sloppy you have a different issue.

I'm thinking of putting a nut on the turnbuckle to tighten against the ball link as a "jam nut" to tighten up the assembly