• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU Owners Thread

Well, this week after getting a recommendation that I shouldn't use Nyrod so close to the mufflers (makes sense...not sure what I was thinking!), i changed over to CF rods. Also this week accomplished a little more and installed the rudder push/pull servos, modified Jason Danhakl's Foutitude Duel tank tray to mount the tanks over the wing tube, installed the tray using 4/40 blind nuts so the entire tray can be removed for maintenance.

Also started getting all the servo extensions made up and installed into the fuselage. Using Taildragger RC duel and triple multiplex connectors for the elevators and the ailerons, also all servo extensions are made up using 20ga twist wire.

Hoping to have the fuse done this week before going on Vacation for a week. then all that will be left is installing servos in elevators and wings.

photos worth a thousand words, so just going to post pictures and quit writing! LOL!

0c2d844c88b867adfbdf7796f285d4a7_zps70c26527.jpg
IMG_0573_zps37a9f4d8.jpg
IMG_0574_zps9cc5a216.jpg
IMG_0572_zpsa52632cc.jpg
IMG_0571_zps5ccc6ac0.jpg
3ae666eaa42bd6c6f2f9261436d562e2_zps08178622.jpg
IMG_0746_zps0e5c0d29.jpg
IMG_0747_zps177489b8.jpg
IMG_0748_zpsf099efd5.jpg
IMG_0749_zps9f631818.jpg
IMG_0750_zps9cc528d6.jpg
IMG_0752_zps50e7aa6a.jpg
IMG_0753_zps38bcb205.jpg
IMG_0751_zpsa18f9378.jpg

Is anyone else disappointed in the quality of the aluminum control horns on their PAU? I thought they looked awesome until I started installing them. this is my first PAU. I don't know if I just got a bad batch, but there is a ton of slop in them. The bushing that goes in the pivot point is poorly fit causing end play, even where the turnbuckle threads into the ball link fits so poorly that there is end play in the threads. Even with the turnbuckle threaded half way into the ball link you can wiggle it side to side, very sloppy! Surely this isn't the norm!?
I really don't feel good about using them, never have I had so much slop setting up surfaces
image.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Is anyone else disappointed in the quality of the aluminum control horns on their PAU? I thought they looked awesome until I started installing them. this is my first PAU. I don't know if I just got a bad batch, but there is a ton of slop in them. The bushing that goes in the pivot point is poorly fit causing end play, even where the turnbuckle threads into the ball link fits so poorly that there is end play in the threads. Even with the turnbuckle threaded half way into the ball link you can wiggle it side to side, very sloppy! Surely this isn't the norm!?
I really don't feel good about using them, never have I had so much slop setting up surfacesView attachment 11204
Not impressed. Will leave it at that.