• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU 30% Sukhoi SU-26 ARF 50-60cc

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I had a chance to stop by and take a look at this plane. I am very impressed. It is larger than what I expected and is built very well.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
ericb;8128 wrote: I had a chance to stop by and take a look at this plane. I am very impressed. It is larger than what I expected and is built very well.

Yea, I actually thought about taking a pic today as I was replacing the stabs on my 91" EF. Everyone knows that's a pretty large plane......the cowl on the Sukhoi stands almost 3" taller, it's only 3" more narrow and a few inches shorter. It is a large plane for 17lb.!!!

Ant;8131 wrote: That will be awesome power on this plane. What prop?

All I had on hand was a Falcon 23x8W but I'll order a 24x9 on Supa Tim's recommendation, just did not want it showing up while I am gone this weekend. Since I'm going up to almost 3200ft elevation this weekend the smaller prop will be just fine for break in even though I don't ever use break in props.

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
SteveT.;9448 wrote: A Heli-coil would have probably fixed it...

SteveT.
If I remember correctly, he tried that and still had some problems.

The DA-50 took care of all the issues...

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I got the maiden done and three other flights at the huckfest today. Really great flying plane, I flew through some sportsman IMAC and did just a little 3D stuff and it is a really super clean flying plane. More flights tomorrow and we'll get some pics and vids specific to this plane tomorrow. There are a few pics being uploaded on the Black Hills Huckfest pic and vid thread.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
We got 14 people to fly the sukhoi yesterday and the response is kinda funny because it does not have any real bad tendencies that we've found. It does want to flare slightly on landing so I'll move my CG forward some when I get home. So far we have not gotten it to tip stall.....and we have tried. A few other 3D guys tries rollers and rolling loops and even at this elevation the 61 has enough power for those. We even flew imac and it did that well. As I was told, it is a rock solid harrier plane, which is cool.

Going flying, more later!

Komet163

50cc
Hey Terry, In ksands pics from Thurs of the sukhoi, both ailerons are down like flaps? Whats up wit that?

(pic #12)

Bill

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
Komet 163;10955 wrote: Hey Terry, In ksands pics from Thurs of the sukhoi, both ailerons are down like flaps? Whats up wit that?

(pic #12)

Bill

I only see one pic of the Sukhoi from Thursday, and the ailerons appear to be working in the usual manner. Are you sure your eyes are not playing tricks on you?

[MENTION=110]Terryscustom[/MENTION]; IIRC, I set up the CG on my Sukhoi about the same as the rest of my Edges and Extras initially, but ended up moving it forward a little at a time until I found the sweet spot! I wish I could remember WHERE it ended up!

Regards,

Astro