• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Oracover Bordeaux Red

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey everyone, I would really appreciate a little help if possible. My son picked up a 40% 129" TOC Aviation Yak 54. It is brand new, never ever even started on assembly. Problem is, the rudder was missing and thanks to Dave Sullivan, we were able to locate the proper rudder. Alas, not the same scheme. No big right? Just simply get some covering, strip it and recover it in the right color. Ugh... I can not find the Oracover Bordeaux Red anywhere. I've even quarried one of my main contacts in China that deals with this stuff and no luck.

Anyone out there maybe by chance hopefully, got enough of this covering to do one big rudder stashed they will part with? Maybe a busted up wing or fuse with enough of the covering still in tact? I would prefer a complete roll if someone has it. I will settle for enough to do the rudder. As you all can see, I really don't need much. Just enough for the top and the bottom of the rudder.

Help if you can. Thanks so much.
Rob

Bordeaux Red TOC Yak.jpgBordeaux Red.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Could you paint it instead? Just cover it with white, and buy an acrylic lacquer in a rattle can, paint it Bordeaux red, and put a blue monokote strip on it? Just a thought/idea if you get in a pinch.