• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

ok to use standard SWB cap with 1/8 brass tubing?

Pilots, Builders,

I have a SWB tank cap I intend to use on a new tank build, the cap is drilled for 5/32 tubing. I'd prefer to use 1/8 tubing and fuel line based on motor fuel needs. I'm covering that on a separate thread. My question is, can I use the aluminum cap with the smaller brass tubing, 1/8"? The rubber stopper obviously performs the sealing, but I don't see a 1/8 option from SWB on caps. thanks in advance.

sc

Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Pilots, Builders,

I have a SWB tank cap I intend to use on a new tank build, the cap is drilled for 5/32 tubing. I'd prefer to use 1/8 tuning and fuel line based on motor fuel needs. I'm covering that on a separate thread. My question is, can I use the aluminum cap with the smaller brass tubing, 1/8"? The rubber topper obviously performs the sealing, but I don't see a 1/8 option from SWB on caps. thanks in advance.

sc
I have used larger diameter tank caps with smaller diameter tubing many times. No leaking at all. The stopper will do the sealing. The diameter size is typically to accommodate various fuel tubing sizes.