• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Night Flying

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Seeking input from the group. (OK, and not 3D related either so don't be too harsh on me. :ashamed:
Our club has a night flight planned for Jul 3. I have a slow flying Carbon Z Cub that I would like to put lights on and fly. This thing is actually pretty fun to fly because you can do so much with it. Anyway, I was thinking of a strip of colored LEDs on the top of the wing and tail and a strip of white LEDs on the bottom of the wing and tail. Feedback?

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
You're going to need more than that most likely ;)

I recently did up a buddies Carbon Cub for him to fly at Joe Nall. I ran 1 strip across the top of each wing panel, 1 strip across the bottom on both sides, 1 strip down the length of the fuselage on each side, and 1 strip ontop and on bottom of each elevator half, and finally 1 strip on each side of the rudder. He wanted to do float flying at the pond so I ran strips on the inside of the floats ontop and wrapped them around the front and pointed a small portion in the water. It was very well illuminated and being that I color coded the top from the bottom, it was very easy to see and tell orientation. You may want to invest in a good amount of lights if you want to see it well.

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
I've got one night flyer that just looks like a cross in the air because its just got a cross worth of leds on it. Another has nice white leds on the wing tips and stab tips that Elum in ate the whole thing. Both of these are smaller profile birds