• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Spektrum Powersafe Receivers

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
I spoke with a tech at Horizon today, and he said they were normal antennas that should be at 90 degrees to each other. The dimensions on the instruction sheet are for the basic case sizes. The center to center spacing of the mounting holes is 67 mm and the overall length to the outside of the mounts is 75 mm.

Alky6

150cc
I spoke with a tech at Horizon today, and he said they were normal antennas that should be at 90 degrees to each other. The dimensions on the instruction sheet are for the basic case sizes. The center to center spacing of the mounting holes is 67 mm and the overall length to the outside of the mounts is 75 mm.

Thanks!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks

Exactly!

I was talking with a buddy of mine, 2 days ago about all this, just after he bought a 28X. Said that if JR closed shop totally that he would go back to Futaba. I agreed too. But, wont happen for me, since I still have my 11X.

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
Futaba really needs to come up to speed with their receivers. Each big servo can draw over 6 amps, so on a violent snap at high speed, 40 amps could be the peak draw which is not possible through a little JR connector.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Exactly!

I was talking with a buddy of mine, 2 days ago about all this, just after he bought a 28X. Said that if JR closed shop totally that he would go back to Futaba. I agreed too. But, wont happen for me, since I still have my 11X.
I'll fly my 11x until it dies then buy a DX18 or something.

Are they the only company that have that. I know Futaba tried but was not very successful.
Don't want to turn this into a debate about other brands or get this discussion off the topic of the new Spektrum receivers which are quite nice but no they aren't the only company offering power safe type receivers. Jeti has the Central Box 200 which has all of the telemetry features that the new Spektrum receivers offer (voltage current and capacity used for each battery) plus over current protection for each servo port and has been shipping them for several years now.

Back to discussing the new Spektrum receivers..