• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Paint Gun advice needed

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I did not know that a HLVP gun should be kept just for clear. Mine is a Devilbiss, but I use it just for planes (once every 3-4 years).

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I did not know that a HLVP gun should be kept just for clear. Mine is a Devilbiss, but I use it just for planes (once every 3-4 years).

That's false, All my touch-up guns down to 1.0 tip are HVLP. I believe he said use a dedicated clear gun, meaning don't use it for base and primer. That I agree with.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
That's false, All my touch-up guns down to 1.0 tip are HVLP. I believe he said use a dedicated clear gun, meaning don't use it for base and primer. That I agree with.

Same thing I think, dedicated clear gun or keeping one for clear.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Painting is one of those things where everyone has their own system. I have never had a gun just for clear, just never saw the need. I do have guns strictly for primer though.

Everyone has their own way. Mine might not work for them or their's for me. I have a friend that uses only Matson spray guns. To me, and just about everyone else I know they were some of the biggest pieces of junk ever. I hated them, but he loves them. To each his own.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
For hobby stuff, if you make sure the gun is extremely clean, you will be fine. But having metal flake magically spit out of your gun when you are laying down clear over a color that isn't supposed to have metal flake in it will really annoy you and no matter how clean you think it is, it happens. But that is just my experience. Results may vary.