• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Just a short time has passed and look at this long list of new members! Welcome all and we hope you grow to enjoy this community as much we all do! If you all would take a couple minutes and introduce yourself, maybe a little about you like where you fly and what your favorite plane is! Maybe even what your first plane was would be cool too! Pictures please!!! :-D If you're new to the sport/hobby welcome and feel free to ask any of us any questions no matter how dumb you may think it will be perceived. Everyone here started out at one point in our life not knowing a thing about RC Airplanes so please feel welcome! But I do see some well known veteran's in that list as well!
@acsoa12 @brskydive @D.Heskamp @dbillig @doublealpha @Duc750 @fastazzstang @frekin @HeyXYZ @HZsc @jnohsey @lmisner @louay @MadInPensacola @MAGIFEC @mnfatboy @Netflyer @nogyro @raw @Robby @Ryan Mowery @sethmattox @skybandit [MENTION=3463]PRC_Robin[/MENTION]

JTI

30cc
Hi. JTI is Just Throw It
I'm 65 but a nube. I built 8 planes and only flew a simulator all winter.
Ed from Experimental airlines had me building Dollar Tree foam planes. Then discovered Flight Test and built some more.
Got my AMA card and flew the Akron Oho Indoor Festival with an FT Flyer
I found I liked 3D planes on Real Flight then saw a review on Twisted Hobbies for the Crack Laser Light
My first EPP build and still my favorite to fly. It was my first plane I flew outside and my trainer.
After flying weekly, sometimes nightly this summer I'm pretty decent for the first year.
Still working on harrier but can knife edge and hover pretty good.
Flew at Flight Fest 2014 . Loved the combat competition. build 3 Bloody Wonders
http://flitefest.com/

Pair of FT Bloody Wonders.jpg

My favorite
Crack Laser.JPG

Latest plane a 39" Twisted Hobbies Crack Yak 55
Crack Yak 55.jpg

Oh yea I got a deal on a 48" Extream Flite MXS Exp and have flown it 3 times. Still shaking ,, not EPP
Went to Munci IN to the IMAC Worlds Free style competition. BIG PLANES WOW
Met Cody Wojcik very nice guy and an great pilot. "he won" He designed my Crack Laser

Last edited by a moderator:
I use to hang around a place called 2nd chance hobby shop and talk with the guys there when I was new I learned a lot and if you ever shopped there we might know each other! Support your LHS!

sethmattox

New to GSN!
Thanks for the welcome 3DMIKE. Seth here in Auburn, Wa, belong to RAMS club in Sumner, Wa. I have been doing Rc since about 2001. I enjoy all forms, I race off road, fly heli, planes and a little bit with boats. Currently I fly the 51" Slick from 3DHS, love it and planning on getting another one soon but 70+" and debuting going to a gasser. Still not sold on gas but... Helis range from 600 class down to micros. I build , paint, fly and sell flat foamies for fun.
Appreciate the warm welcomes and look forward to meeting some new peeps. Going on a four day motorcycle trip tomorrow so I will say 63's for now