• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

SnowDog

Have you checked the specs for this plane on 3dhobbyshop.com? They do a good job of listing the recommended items.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Will do, I just took a quick glance, if I spend too much time looking I end up with a big list in the cart! I'll definitely look into it, almost always purchase the recommended power systems and accessories...
Thanks

I usually let the designers "pick" my electric setups for the 3DHS and Extreme Flight planes as they have a proven track record. The Motrolfly motors never seen to disappoint and I've had good luck with Sunnysky motors. The 48" 3DHS Edge stock setup worked great on a Xoar 14x7. I did change to wood from APC and it was like a new plane ( the wood will give you quicker response and spool up, you do pay for it). Turnigy makes a wooden electric prop that is good and a bit cheaper.
You can go nuts with all the combos out there. I'm not a big tinkerer so if you enjoy that you're in for a treat. I find something that works and usually stick with it.
Oh, the single vs married piece. Ah, yeah it adds a new dimension for most if us. It's kind of a leaky one way check valve! Works to quell the spending on occasion. You do discover new and interesting ways to justify spending. All in good fun. Some wives actually come to the field. Enjoy your transition and keep an eye out for the Mad Hatter!

SnowDog

Cheyenne here, from San Clemente, CA. Building a Redwing RC 30cc Slick 540 right now. Honored to be aboard.

Welcome Cheyenne! Glad to have you here! You picked an awesome plane to build...we've heard some really good things about that plane; please consider sharing your build experience with us so others can benefit from your work ;) also we like lots of pictures :)