• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Thanks, looking forward to everything available here, and learning more through time. I only own 1 Balsa plane, The Eflite Ultimate 20-300 and looking forward to get another soon. Suggestions?

Oh boy :p I sense a forming addiction in its embryonic form :D What size are you interested in? Also, what packs are you flying with on your current planes?

joshgluck

100cc
Maybe we should post a template for these intros...

Hello, I'm (insert name) and Ive been addicted for x years

Lol welcome guys! Let us know what you need and how we can help. If you're in the nyc, nj, pa area be sure to check the jersey huckers thread too

3dNater

3 cell 2200's are perfect for a 3dhs 48" edge. It is a perfect first balsa 3d plane. It flies really stable while being pretty capable. I liked my first one so much that I immediately bought a second one when the first one met its doom. It flies Knife Edge the easiest of any plane I have flown and is really stable in a harrier. The product can be found at the bottom of this page:

http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/Edges_c_188.html

I didn't go right to the product page because I wanted to make sure you could see the two different schemes.

dth7

https://3dhobbyshop.3dcartstores.com/mobile/home.asp?cat=188&#homeSubCat_183_2

I too can recommend the 48"edge as a first balsa in 3 S 2200 +\- I had lots of fun cutting my 3D teeth on this plane. However, be prepared for the 3D devil to sink his teeth into you and your wallet! He will soon tempt you with those wonderful "practice" planes from Twisted Hobby and then the lure of the 60" frames, oh you'll be needing 4s or 6s depending on the power choice. Next GAS! Then just give in to the addiction. Next you'll be where in am, thinking about which trailer or vehicle will best suit your transportation needs. It's a wild and fun ride man, enjoy it. Fly low, fly hard.

Hello to all 3D lovers! Been on the site for couple months, but never said hi! Love the hobby and can't get enough of 3D flying! Been flying for little over two years and been learning how to 3D for the past year. Just bought my first mid size plane and can't wait to get it in the air. Extreme Flight Extra 300 60". Just waiting for the ESC and Motor to come back in stock at EF. I fly out of the Louisville, KY club River City Radio Controllers. We have some great pilots and some great 3D pilots. Diggity and Hugocraft home field! Look forward in talking to everyone! Awesome site!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hello to all 3D lovers! Been on the site for couple months, but never said hi! Love the hobby and can't get enough of 3D flying! Been flying for little over two years and been learning how to 3D for the past year. Just bought my first mid size plane and can't wait to get it in the air. Extreme Flight Extra 300 60". Just waiting for the ESC and Motor to come back in stock at EF. I fly out of the Louisville, KY club River City Radio Controllers. We have some great pilots and some great 3D pilots. Diggity and Hugocraft home field! Look forward in talking to everyone! Awesome site!

Awesome stuff! The EF 60" Extra was my first of 4 EF 60" planes that I've owned, you'll have a lot of fun with it. Great to have you with us!