• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

gyro

GSN Contributor
I'd just like to extend a warm welcome to all the new members who have joined the site within the last few days! I've been really busy working on stuff for the site (and some family time this weekend) so I haven't been in here as much as I'd have liked.

Either way, welcome, (and welcome back to RC to many of you). Please enjoy the forum, and let us know if you have any suggestions for improvement!

We work very hard to make this site easy to use, and keep the tone here friendly and helpful. I'm tempted to say that you won't find a more helpful environment elsewhere!

Last edited by a moderator:
Checking in from Houston, TX! My name is Jeff and I've been flying r/c since the late 80's, with about 10 yrs worth of breaks spread out through college, begining career, family, etc. Been back @ it pretty regularly for about the last 5 yrs. I am truly blessed with a wonderful wife & 2 yr old son who both really enjoy coming to field with me. I don't typically fly without them :)

I'm kinda a "yak-a-holic" with my current fleet consisting of:
* 35% Pilot RC Yak (DLE 111)
* 33% SD Yak (ZDZ 80)
* 88" EF Yak (DL 50)
* 32" TH Crack Yak

And just to mix it up a bit, there is a 3dhs Slick foamy hanging in the trailer :rolleyes:

Checking in from Houston, TX! My name is Jeff and I've been flying r/c since the late 80's, with about 10 yrs worth of breaks spread out through college, begining career, family, etc. Been back @ it pretty regularly for about the last 5 yrs. I am truly blessed with a wonderful wife & 2 yr old son who both really enjoy coming to field with me. I don't typically fly without them :)

* 33% SD Yak (ZDZ 80)
* 88" EF Yak (DL 50)
* 32" TH Crack Yak

And just to mix it up a bit, there is a 3dhs Slick foamy hanging in the trailer :rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum Jeff!

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
Welcome to all the newest people joining in this forum. It's great to have the passion and experiences to share...
dth7- I think most of us know what you're talking about with that RC Dealer...I know Pay Pal thinks I'm their pal too.... :D

Welcome to Stitz, Brightcap232 and Jmooreatcs. Sounds like one of you might have had a grey ship or two in your life experiences...I have as well.

Great to have you all here!

big_G

New to GSN!
Gary (aka Big_G) in the Austin, Texas area. Been flying on and off since the late '60's. Just getting my feet wet in 3-D...trying to dis-prove the theory that you can't teach and old dog new tricks! Anyone else on this forum in the Central Texas area give me a shout!

SnowDog

Gary (aka Big_G) in the Austin, Texas area. Been flying on and off since the late '60's. Just getting my feet wet in 3-D...trying to dis-prove the theory that you can't teach and old dog new tricks! Anyone else on this forum in the Central Texas area give me a shout!

hi i'm john been flying for last 4year mostly 3d.

Welcome guys to the forum!!! Glad to have you here.

Big_G, there is another Gary in Austin who I'm sure will chime in with a hello soon:D

gyro

GSN Contributor

* 33% SD Yak (ZDZ 80)
* 88" EF Yak (DL 50)
* 32" TH Crack Yak

Hi Jeff, welcome to the site! Happy to have you. Hope you can make it up to the Austin FLI in the spring! http://www.3drcforums.com/showthread.php?722-3DHS-Texas-Fly-Low-In-April-19-21-2013-Austin-TX

Wellcome to the site Gary! As mentioned about, hope to see you at the ARCA FLI http://www.3drcforums.com/showthread.php?722-3DHS-Texas-Fly-Low-In-April-19-21-2013-Austin-TX

hi i'm john been flying for last 4year mostly 3d.

Welcome to the site John, happy to have you year. Love the old scheme on the Slick, don't see as many of those anymore.

Welcome guys to the forum!!! Glad to have you here.

Big_G, there is another Gary in Austin who I'm sure will chime in with a hello soon:D

Actually... I'm in SATX, but I've been known to go to Austin when there is something cool going on!

UCPILOT110

New to GSN!
Hi ya"ll , My name is Jose' Im local here in SA TX, I just join couple days a go and I'm impress with the lots of info on this site.Good work!! (Gyro knows me as low ball Jose') just teasing lol

Last edited by a moderator:

chadcan

New to GSN!
I, Mark from St.louis, MO
I heard about the site from a pod cast. I really like what I am seeing so far.
I fly a Pilot 330sc 30% mostly. Working on the 3D stuff and just having fun. Our club is at SIU Edwardsville in Illinois- ESRC
Hope to learn some new skills!!