• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

Bipenut53

150cc
sero knowledge Mike??? lol sorry couldnt resist!! Anyway yes welcome to all!!!! Hope you find it as welcoming and informative as I have!! Let yourself be heard!!

Jshie123

New to GSN!
Twisted Hobbies Flash NG

Hey thanks for the shout out. I have just purchased a Twisted Hobbies 3D plane, the Flash NG, and might need a little help. I put the CG exactly where the directions said to and it flies like it is tail heavy. I'm not sure if that is how it should fly with the slow prop or not. Here is a picture of the plane. Unfortunately once you cut a hole in the fuse for the battery you are kind of stuck with that position. However, I put it on my balance at the dimension they give and it balances perfect. I'm not a real 3D flier so it could be normal as it seems like it always flies in the harrier position. Flash NG.jpg

Bipenut53

150cc
Welcome [MENTION=4091]Jshie123[/MENTION]
Those are great airplanes, you want to fly it with the slow fly prop, they are the best for the airplane. It looks like you have the battery in the correct position. If you fly it a little faster does it level out? They do like to fly slow and do aerobatics close up and low but it should be very controllable. What battery are you using?

Jshie123

New to GSN!
I guess I will see next time I fly it as the first time I was a bit nervous since it was the first flight and I was at a smaller field with not much room to go too fast. My first flight I noticed the ailerons where backwards and had to reverse them in my DX8. The next field I fly it at will be bigger and I can go faster. I bought the recommended battery from Twisted Hobbies for this plane. I actually bought two.

This also could be that I'm not a 3D pilot, YET. But I will try my best to get better. I did buy a Sukhoi 29MM this year and have not put it together yet until I get better with this plane. I felt this could teach me 3D without doing as much damage. However I was told these planes could take a hit without doing much damage but I'm finding out this foam will break if it hits the ground but seems easy to glue back together.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Welcome to all the new members! Hi [MENTION=4091]Jshie123[/MENTION]. I hope you get more comfortable with the flash ng. It is a great plane. I have the 39" Crack yak and really love it.

Bipenut53

150cc
I have the 39" Crack Yak as well, and yes you will love it, Ill bet it was more nerves than a poor flying airplane, give yourself a little time with it. Yes they will take a bit of a beating but the larger ones like that have a bit more mass and can get damaged. That being said they repair quite easily and you can be up flying again very shortly. I suspect that you will end up loving the airplane as we do!! Just fly it like a sport plane and then start throwing in some 3D stuff and you will have a blast!

timmyd463229

New to GSN!
Yeah probably just not used to flying it. When I first flown the slick 42" I thought it was tail heavy also cause I didn't really know how to fly it but once I got used to it it's extremely balanced

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Fellas feel free to post all of your flight reports, general questions etc. In the 3drcforums discuss anything thread.