• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Multi-rotors - Share your setups and headaches

garlandk

100cc
I have flown a lot of fixed wing stuff with autopilots. I have also flown a lot of smaller BNF quads, but last month I got a 3D Robotics X8 + as my first quad with a full autopilot and gimbal on it and I must say I am very impressed. I am very familiar with the Pixhawk autopilot and what I love most about it is the unlimited things you can do with it! Of course it is a bit harder to learn how to use than others but at the end it is worth it I feel. After I get comfortable flying and using the X8+ I plan on building my own multi and putting a pixhawk in it.

Robbins

Team WTFO (Watch The Fun Occur)
I have flown a lot of fixed wing stuff with autopilots. I have also flown a lot of smaller BNF quads, but last month I got a 3D Robotics X8 + as my first quad with a full autopilot and gimbal on it and I must say I am very impressed. I am very familiar with the Pixhawk autopilot and what I love most about it is the unlimited things you can do with it! Of course it is a bit harder to learn how to use than others but at the end it is worth it I feel. After I get comfortable flying and using the X8+ I plan on building my own multi and putting a pixhawk in it.

3dr is on their game.

I have a pixhawk on its way. My first endeavor also. I have a gph4 and tarot gimbal like 3dr uses.

I have begun to acclimate myself with mission planner and must say that it is sooo flexible and intuitive.

Vital-Rc

50cc
We got a little snow fall so I figured i'd capture it with the s800, didn't have time to edit the pics so excuse the raw format.

a7502138-132-DSC00094.jpg

a7502144-224-DSC00074.jpg

a7502148-244-DSC00065.jpg

a7502150-221-DSC00051.jpg

a7502186-1-DSC00041.jpg