• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Muffler Info

I'm not running a smoke setup on my extra, do you guys recommend closing the smoke inlets on the mufflers? If so, what is the best way to close them?

Kevin-Young

70cc twin V2
If they have pressure nipples you don't need to remove them, you may get a little exhaust in the engine area but probably not much. If you do choose to remove them, just replace them with a short screw, use a little thread lock to keep them from backing out.  That way if you every decide to use smoke you can convert them back.

Al

JTEC/RADIOWAVE

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Knife-Edge said

I'm not running a smoke setup on my extra, do you guys recommend closing the smoke inlets on the mufflers? If so, what is the best way to close them?

Yes, close them off. If not you will have goo inside your cowl that is not pretty. I have used either copper rtv and put a dab over the hole, or add a short piece of tubing that you plug at the end.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I did not run smoke and I put a 3/4" section of silicone that I slipped a small screw down in the tube and wire tied at both ends.  It never came off nor leaked. 

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ohio.AV8TOR said
I did not run smoke and I put a 3/4" section of silicone that I slipped a small screw down in the tube and wire tied at both ends.  It never came off nor leaked. 
+1-- Seen that done many times. If you have long enough inlet tubes, you could do as I did on my cans, water pump (slip joint) pliers. Pinch them babies with all you got. Pinch them right at the end. That closes them off quite nicely. And if you decided at a later time to use them in a smoke configuration? Simply whack that little bit off with your dremel and yup...smokin'!!