• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Motrolfly 3615

njswede

150cc
I have a Xoar 15x7 sitting around (not in a flower pot this time). Would that be overdoing it with a 750kv wind on 4s? The plane is an 51" AJ Slick.

SnowDog

I have a Xoar 15x7 sitting around (not in a flower pot this time). Would that be overdoing it with a 750kv wind on 4s? The plane is an 51" AJ Slick.

That is the same prop and setup that I'm flying on mine...it will be great!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Concur with mike. I had one on a previous airframe, and it was nice with the 15x7

wedoitall

ooooh. that would be pretty wicked on my baby MXS. seriously thinking about getting this motor for it.

also may be stamping out a deal on a 51" slick myself. will know this weekend.

wedoitall

so are you guys liking your 15x7 on the 3615? ive only flown 14x7 but want to try out a 15" prop since I have a bigger esc

hone

150cc
I think a lot of people use a 15x6 on the 51'' Slick with this motor. I'm pretty sure i ran that prop a few times when i had the Slick.

Last edited by a moderator:

wedoitall

didn't know you had a slick. did you stick with the 15x6. did you not like the slick as much?

I have a couple 15x6's im gonna try out this weekend. since I have an extra 20amps on my esc.

hone

150cc
didn't know you had a slick. did you stick with the 15x6. did you not like the slick as much?

I have a couple 15x6's im gonna try out this weekend. since I have an extra 20amps on my esc.

My Slick didn't last long. Cold solder joint took it out early on. The 15x6 made low and slow easier and slowed the plane down. I thought both props were pretty good so i just went with whatever was available most of the time.

wedoitall

oh wow, I thought slow n low with a 14x7 was easy enough with the slick. I like the speed so may keep the 14". still gonna try it out just to see.

Steve_B

70cc twin V2
You might want to put a wattmeter on if running a 15x7. the 3615 is a great motor but it's got it's limits and I think that would be well over them. I'm pulling close on 70A with a Xoar 14x7, so a 15x7 would be well in the 80's.

The official spec on Subsonic web site says 14x7 is the limit and 900W.. I'm already well over 1000W with a the 14x7 Xoar.

Cant argue with those who have used that prop and got away with it, but I'd be really careful. Ken should be able to advise what the amp limit is but my guess would be 70A peak.

Last edited by a moderator: