• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Motorcycle Shenanigans

abaser

50cc
Congrats on the license. Here's a shot of me in 98 just before the wreck of my life.

Attachments

• 021912150032.jpg
    021912150032.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 256
  • 021912150527.jpg
    021912150527.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 286
Last edited by a moderator:

quadracer

100cc
Went to Gateway Motorsports Park on Saturday. First time on that track, and it's different from what I'm used to for sure! Kinda freaky, pinning the throttle in a corner while you're pointed straight at a big concrete wall..... A nice track with a fun layout, but I don't think I'll be signing up for that place again.
Watch in HD
[video=youtube;_IndenXBuAE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IndenXBuAE[/video]

gyro

GSN Contributor
Went to Gateway Motorsports Park on Saturday. First time on that track, and it's different from what I'm used to for sure! Kinda freaky, pinning the throttle in a corner while you're pointed straight at a big concrete wall..... A nice track with a fun layout, but I don't think I'll be signing up for that place again.
Watch in HD
[video=youtube;_IndenXBuAE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IndenXBuAE[/video]

Sam, You're an animal... No fear!

quadracer

100cc
Oh there was plenty of puckering going on, especially later in the day when the rear started sliding around a bit. Lol

You just gotta trust it isn't going to let go entirely and keep a steady throttle hand or you'll end up on your head, in violent fashion. :)

wedoitall

Oh there was plenty of puckering going on, especially later in the day when the rear started sliding around a bit. Lol

You just gotta trust it isn't going to let go entirely and keep a steady throttle hand or you'll end up on your head, in violent fashion. :)

Dude! those cones you have to swerve around looks kinda sketchy too. Sam your my hero for the week. very cool video.

quadracer

100cc
That chicane is there for a good reason... If it weren't there, you'd carry a LOT more speed onto the main straight. There's a pretty good sized bump where the infield section joins the NASCAR straightaway, probably doesn't look that bad on video, but if you hit it at full speed with no chicane there, it would throw you up into the wall.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Sam, how fast you get up to on the straightaway? Why did it seem like you were the one doing all the passing?

quadracer

100cc
I don't look at my speedometer intently, but I'd say maybe 115-120 mph max.

As far as passing everyone, I usually ride in Advanced group (groups are Advanced, Intermediate, and Novice), and I signed up for Intermediate group that day, since I had never been on that track before and didn't want to hold anyone up in advanced group. I started out about 10 seconds per lap slower than A group, but by day's end I was turning lap times that were a tick behind most of the A group. Of course most of those guys ride that track several times a year and know it inside and out, so I didn't figure I'd be at the front.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Nice :)

I miss riding... I learned when living in South Bay Area near San Francisco; some of the most beautiful rolling hills and small mountains to ride through.