• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Mike57

Mike57

New to GSN!
Both Hostetler projects went together fine but they are certainly not for a new or novice builder. One of the most challenging aspects of building from plans with little or no instructions is the building sequence. I can tell you that several times during the course of both builds I had to "undo" something due to this issue.

I am using 2-25000 mAh Life batteries, a Smart Fly power expander and Hitec 7955 servos all around. The RV-4 has a DLE 60 Twin and the Pitts has a DLE 111.

You Know myfivezees, that reply is extremely helpful. Thank you! I am still waiting for the wood to show up from Balsa USA. About your motor choice in DLE. I am assuming you are having great results. Ever any thought about Desert Aircraft? DLE sure saves some dough. The two battery system, one ignition and one for the receiver? Or does the power expander create an equal draw from both batteries and therefore is a true redundant system? What Smart Fly model? Your input is great. Thanks again. I'll have a bunch of new questions soon if you can tolerate it:angel:.