• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

*****Members, We would like your input on advertising banners.*****

wsantore

New to GSN!
Sleepy,

Prefer still ads. But the real key is to keep the site efficient for ipads and iphones (and yes, the android stuff too). Please keep the menus such that they work cleanly on an ipad.

Welcome back!

-Rick-

100cc
SleepyC;1475 wrote: Absolutely.

We will have just a few locations that will not take away from the text or interaction of the forum.

I HATE as in "can't stand" ads in the middle of the forum, or between posts.

agree, and keep the ads to stills

I voted "I could care less" even though "I couldn't care less" is the far more accurate option for which I was searching :D

Mikeq

150cc
I voted "I could care less" but you guys do what ever is necessary that will be the most profitably to make this site successful...

gareth.ky

New to GSN!
Banners are things I have to scroll past to get to cool RC stuff...

I always wondered if those banners actually got anyone any sales. My guess is for people like DA the answer is no. Their rep is well known and you cant read most any thread without them being mentioned. But smaller 'online hobby shop' type companies probably do see some benefit.

I dont click on ads so don't listen to me :p

Super08

70cc twin V2
It is not always about clicking on the ad but seeing who supports your forum. I like to try and buy products when I can from those who give back to the hobby.

O

Ohio AV8TOR

I wonder what the vote count would be if one said "Anything but HobbyKing"

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
for what it's worth, over at MultiRotorForums.com I only accept advertisers that I'm willing to personally vouch for so the members there know that they can buy from our sponsors without feeling any risk of being ripped off. With GiantScaleNews.com the vendors are much more well known and a lot of the bad ones have already been flushed out. having said that if we have an advertiser that is not doing well and who insists on continuing as a site sponsor, we'll have a talk to make sure we're not putting up ads that might cause our membership to waste money on substandard equipment. i wouldn't want to waste money on garbage RC stuff and I sure as heck don't want to be steering you guys in a bad direction because of our advertising.

i'm happy to help great vendors to do well and i'm happy to see you guys spending your money and getting what you expect. when that's not happening i'm going to have a problem with it. :)

bart