• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Let's see your full-scale airplane!

also... while it is not our airplane we do happen to have the hangar right next door to this and we store some engines are other parts for the only privately owned harrier... pretty neat toy to have at the airport

Attachments

• IMG_0572.JPG
    IMG_0572.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 318

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Very nice Ray, what year was it? I have some time in Arrows, not as much as you but we had one where I taught and I enjoyed flying it.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Earle, i think there is one airplane in particular that is missing from your list.. it was red and liked to not always fly with the landing gear pointed at the ground :) come on guys is this it for the full scale??
I had a '65 Piper Aztec for about 18 months back when I was a flight instructor. I used it to get multi-engine time. Right after getting married I got a group of guys together and we bought a Cessna 120 and that was really fun to fly. I sold my share when we moved across the state and away from where it was kept.

I also had a few projects, a Skybolt (had the steel tube fuselage finish welded and was about to start putting fittings on it when I sold it), a Pitts Model 12 (very briefly, started it and then we moved so it was packed up), and a super sweet Pitts S-1SS (bought it from a guy in WA that spent $23,000 buying finished components from Steen Aero Lab before selling it to me years later for $5000! I was finishing up custom ailerons for it when I sold it to start my little aerial media company). Rented a Cub and a Decathlon in the meantime until that place closed shop.

Have been looking lately for something but money's tight so we'll see what happens. I'll see if I can find photos of any of that stuff.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Earle, i think there is one airplane in particular that is missing from your list.. it was red and liked to not always fly with the landing gear pointed at the ground :) come on guys is this it for the full scale??
When I get back home I'll get around to posting more. Meanwhile have great Memorial Day weekend!!!!!!!

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Here's another from my past. 1951 Navion Super 260.....my Granddad bought NEW, then my Dad owned it, and lastly my wife & I for about 17 years. I first flew in this plane as a diaper-wrapped babe!:nightmare: View attachment 81586 View attachment 81587 I'm in the red shirt on this 4-generation pic. My brother is on the left.... both our sons with us. Granddad and Dad in the middle, of course.View attachment 81588

We finally sold it a few years ago.....just weren't flying it much anymore. It now lives in Tennessee with a proud owner and nice guy to boot!

Very cool Earle. I flew in a 1948 Ryan Navion last Saturday. A friend of mine bought it about 6 years ago and spent almost 4 years restoring it. He was kind enough to take my family and I for a ride. It was great fun.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 290
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 283
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 286
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 292

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Very cool Earle. I flew in a 1948 Ryan Navion last Saturday. A friend of mine bought it about 6 years ago and spent almost 4 years restoring it. He was kind enough to take my family and I for a ride. It was great fun.
They're a hoot to fly Mike. Also do beautiful barrel rolls!!!

Larry B

70cc twin V2
Here is a photo of a Jenny replica that I built from drawings, I flew it for 10 years before selling it because I was having more fun with the R/C stuff. There are times when I do miss it but then I think of the expense and get over it real quick! Also a photo of a Challenger II that I rebuilt after it was given to me, the coolest thing about this plane was the paint job I put on it. I spent 23 hours just airbrushing the shading for the blue graphics alone, but it is a attention getter at the airport.
And finally the Emeraude, I purchased this airplane and ended up selling it after a year of flying it and accumulating around 100 hours in it. It is now flying in the "land down under" Perth.

Attachments

• email.JPG
    email.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 339
  • K8.JPG
    K8.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 295
  • Y1.jpg
    Y1.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 269
  • Q9.JPG
    Q9.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Here is a photo of a Jenny replica that I built from drawings, I flew it for 10 years before selling it because I was having more fun with the R/C stuff. There are times when I do miss it but then I think of the expense and get over it real quick! Also a photo of a Challenger II that I rebuilt after it was given to me, the coolest thing about this plane was the paint job I put on it. I spent 23 hours just airbrushing the shading for the blue graphics alone, but it is a attention getter at the airport.
And finally the Emeraude, I purchased this airplane and ended up selling it after a year of flying it and accumulating around 100 hours in it. It is now flying I the "land down under" Perth.
Very nice! Some interesting aircraft there! Emeraudes are gorgeous planes!