• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Keeping My Hobby Interest Alive

wedoitall

A wattaplane slick is a really fun plane. Plus you can beat the crap out of them. The fly pretty precise and will do any 3d you throw at it. Its definitely a good plane to learn on

wedoitall

A wattaplane slick is a really fun plane. Plus you can beat the crap out of them. The fly pretty precise and will do any 3d you throw at it. Its definitely a good plane to learn on.

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
I like the idea of that 70 Extra. I can get together possibly this year at that price point and the only other thing I would need would be elevator servos and possibly an IBEC to cut down to a single battery for weight. I still have more research to do first because I really like the 78 too!

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
I like the idea of that 70 Extra. I can get together possibly this year at that price point and the only other thing I would need would be elevator servos and possibly an IBEC to cut down to a single battery for weight. I still have more research to do first because I really like the 78 too!
One thing i really like about the 30cc planes from EF is that they have removable stabs which make transportation and storage much easier. The 78'' is SICK and flies more like a 50cc plane but to have awesome power it likes to have a tuned pipe. Although, the 35cc engines pull it around OK. The 70 would be a rocket without a pipe.

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
One thing i really like about the 30cc planes from EF is that they have removable stabs which make transportation and storage much easier. The 78'' is SICK and flies more like a 50cc plane but to have awesome power it likes to have a tuned pipe. Although, the 35cc engines pull it around OK. The 70 would be a rocket without a pipe.

Is the 70 still a rocket on a DLE 20?

If I went 78, I'd definitely go with a macs header and an ES Composites pipe on a 35 RA.

hone

150cc
Is the 70 still a rocket on a DLE 20?

If I went 78, I'd definitely go with a macs header and an ES Composites pipe on a 35 RA.

I think most people fly the 70 Extra on 30CC engines. I haven't read about anyone using a 20cc on it.

I've been told the power from the 35RA on the ES pipe is awesome and perfect for the 78. I had a OS 33GT on a ES composite pipe and the power was right where i wanted it.

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
So I know what I'm pushing for now. I'm gonna pick up a new frame to replace my gasser. I'm going with the Velox since there will be no question as to its performance on my DLE 20.

SnowDog

So I know what I'm pushing for now. I'm gonna pick up a new frame to replace my gasser. I'm going with the Velox since there will be no question as to its performance on my DLE 20.

That's the ticket...you will really like that combo. Get the red/yellow scheme, I think that is the best scheme ever!