• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

July or August IMAC contest in Oklahoma?

Hey guys, a couple of us at OMAC in Newcastle, OK http://omacflyers.weebly.com/ are thinking about putting on a second IMAC contest in either July or August to kind of fill the void during the summer. We had pretty low attendance at our April contest due to weather and would love to try again. I'm trying to get an estimate on how many would attend so I can convince those in charge of the field that it would be a good idea.
We have an air conditioned club house, RV hookups, a huge grass strip, an R/C car track, and tons of open space to fly big. We're working on some pilot prizes or a raffle if we can get a few sponsors together.
I know there will be a few of us there ahead of time if anyone wanted to come early and get some flying tips or just burn some fuel. Let me know what you guys think!

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
I'd make the trip up from Ft. Worth. Wish I could have made the April event but just didn't work out that I could get away for the weekend.

I totally understand, I almost had to miss it myself because of a serious lack of free time around April. I hope we can get a few people together for this. We have a serious lack of contests in our region this year.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
You may want to make a post on the IMAC site forums in the South Central section. Seems like most of the SC pilots take a look at the threads occasionally.

There is also a South Central thread under the IMAC forum on this site which many of the guys follow.

To me it's looking like there is enough interest between this and facebook. I'm going to talk to the powers and try to get a date set, then I'll post to the other two places you mentioned.

Well I hope you get one flying soon; if you do and don't have much time to get it set up, come down early and we will help with setup and try to give you some flying tips.

I also got the green light this morning to go forth with the contest. We are working on a date, but as of right now it is looking like the last weekend of July. I'll post here as soon as it's set in stone.