• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC JTEC/ Radiowave 3.1m competition series

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
So they let me out of my cage on time tonight and got some progress in.
All surfaces matched, programed and zeroed, rates and F modes , expo set, cg nailed down, incidence set to zero, just need to set up a high idle switch , throttle to throttle, and adjust throttle throws , min- max ,to carb now. Love the hangar 9 digital angle meters. Used carbon rods off elevator halves to make sure they were traveling through deflection together.
Only needed 3-4 turns on 1 turnbuckle, total, to get near perfect mechanical travel on all surfaces, minimal sub trim, very happy. Also installed final piece, spoiler at air exit from RCBLING.COM , 3d printed and colors you need, also some of the coolest... no, THE coolest practice planes available on market, also 3d printed. Ill post a pic of it tomorrow. And the exhaust extensions from DA for the pipes went on also. Thats it.. im done, how anti climactic is that .. LOL
20150121_215926.jpg
20150121_215252.jpg
20150121_215311.jpg

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Heres those 3D printed practice planes
20150122_222346.jpg
20150122_222525.jpg
20150122_222331.jpg
20150122_212533.jpg
from RCBling.net, used some left over carbon rods to finish, I think ill paint it to match my scheme one day. Cant express all the detail in these, even has tiny exhaust pipes, landing gear and prop.
Layed on first decal tonight.

@Pistolera , thought you might appreciate the safety wire on prop in " mostly" scale fashion.

Alky6

150cc
is that .020" stainless wire you are using, or .032"? Holy crap you are meticulous!! LOL. Decals on the wing tips are a nice touch.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
@Pistolera , thought you might appreciate the safety wire on prop in " mostly" scale fashion.
Sure do! Correct direction and neat job too!!!

Side Story on safety wiring a prop: Back in the day, I had to have the front crankcase seal replaced on my Pitts, so I flew it up to Lycoming in Williamsport, PA so they could do it while I waited (and watched). They pulled the prop, removed the old seal and replaced it. The spinner backplate goes on, then the Hartzell prop and the bolts are inserted from the front. Castle nuts go on the bolts from the back side of the crank flange, then torqued and safety wired. As I was watching the tech do this, I kept thinking "that doesn't look right"....but HE'S the trained mechanic and we're looking at them from the rear, sort of....so I thought OK, guess he's right. As he was doing the last pair of nuts, I finally questioned him about the wire direction. He looked, scratched his head, said "schnit...you're right!" Morale of the story, even though you may be new to something, speak up if you think something ain't the way it should be!