• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

Rob,
Have a safe trip to see your Dad. I hope and pray for him and everything turns out for the best. Don't worry about the airplane family always first.
God Bless
Van

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I actually considered that. But it is a white primer. I was cautioned to not use grey for that very reason. But you'll see the Flame Red is almost spot on. Same primer on the entire cowl. I am really hoping it just needs to be cleared. It's pretty close now that it has had a couple of days to dry. We'll see very soon.
Hey @Snoopy1, have her send it via mail. Lol

I would, but anything that is sent to me goes through customs and is billed 13 % tax plus some times some handling charges. It is real pain.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
My friends, thank you all so much for your well wishes. I will do my best to return to and finish the Pitts this coming weekend. At present, many arrangements are in need of being made, so my time for the next few days is going to be very limited. Perhaps I can pull off a maiden within the next couple of weeks.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Rob,

I whole heartedly agree with Al. Spend as much time with your Dad as you can. I lost my father in July of last year after being diagnosed with cancer in March. You cannot imagine how quickly those four months went by. We will all patiently await your return to your Pitts, and I for one will keep praying for you and your Pop.

Take care, Buddy

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey Rob,

I whole heartedly agree with Al. Spend as much time with your Dad as you can. I lost my father in July of last year after being diagnosed with cancer in March. You cannot imagine how quickly those four months went by. We will all patiently await your return to your Pitts, and I for one will keep praying for you and your Pop.

Take care, Buddy
It is appreciated. Much quicker came far too soon.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Thank you everyone. I can't express enough how appreciated your thoughts and remarks are to me. This is yet one more clear indication of the devotion to each and every one of us in this awesome family and Hobby.

My Dad left us this past Saturday night at 11:10 p.m. My little sister and I held to his arms and kissed him as he took his last labored breath and went home to be with our precious mother. He left as peacefully as i believe it is possible for anyone to go. Which after the tough hand life dealt him, he so richly deserved. He was not a huge man standing only 5'6" tall. But probably one of the toughest Cowboys I've ever known. As I grew through the years I watched him break some of the meanest broncs that ever lived. As well as rope, tie, toss and brand some of the most ferocious bramas to ever take a breath. Yet, he also had the kindest hands and deepest loving heart I've known. He firmly stood his ground, tempered with determination and devotion. The same of which he gave openly and honestly to everyone. He fought fiercely with honor and protected this country in the same manner that he did the same for my mother, six sisters and me. Though we didn't always see eye to eye on every subject, this man taught me with his perseverance and loyalty some of the most valuable lessons any child could be blessed with. I am sad he has gone home. But simply because I'm selfish and want my Daddy here. However, he is now with my mom and I am certain it is a much kinder and happier place for him.

No, not a huge man by stature. Called lovingly by everyone, "Shorty". But the "MIGHTIEST" man I will ever know. There is simply no way I could be who I am today, we're in not for my dad.

Thank you again everyone for all your kind support.

FB_IMG_1491215840856.jpg

Last edited: