• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Just make sure you get the angles on the standoffs correct you do not want to twist your motor block.
Very sound reminder. Thanks... Got that covered. I re-adjusted the "up" thrust angle to just about 1 degree up. If I need more, I can always dial it in very easily. As for "right" thrust, I typically won't mess with what is designed. But this had an extreme 3.3 degrees right thrust. I reduced it to an even 2.0 right thrust angle. D & B Supply has really great stuff. From Tygon fuel tubing, to bolts to a variety of supplies I faithfully use. They have different styles and designs and different materials for spacers. My favorite is the "Chromed" hardened steel. I can get them in lengths of 1/4", 3/8", 1/2", 3/4" and 1". Plus they have very cool chromed steel washers too. If I need anything longer on standoffs, then I will order them. But for this application, I feel they will do quite adequately.

20161208_185633.jpg

Once I had the correct measurements for the spacers (standoffs) A real simple and quick placement on the firewall, drill the four holes and bolt that sucker down.

20161208_185728.jpg

A test fit of the cowl was a pleasing site when I discovered my hole in the face of it was pretty close to perfect. I knew I would have a little minor fine adjustments once the "dub twin" was mounted. That is why I didn't cut it completely out. Now that I have the motor mounted, I can finish the final angle and cut on the cowl opening.

20161208_185803.jpg
20161208_190100.jpg

I placed the Ultimate styled spinner up to the cowl with the 24x10 Falcon. It looks...eeeah, Ok...but I really like the more rounded "bullet" style spinner. What do you guys think?

20161208_190311.jpg
20161208_190537.jpg
20161208_190545.jpg

I am happy with the adjustments I have made to the engine thrust angle. I am actually happy with the progress of the Pitts. Here is that evil word again. "Covering". Perhaps this weekend? I hope so. I really don't forsee any further hold ups.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The rounded bullet type looks better.
Ok you are going to cover the plane with plastic. How and where are you going to get the matching coloured paint.
Umm.....uh.....well, ah...umm..... I uh....Hmmm!!!! I really have zero clue at this point. However, I was thinking of stopping by one of the many paint mixing houses we have here in the Boise Valley. I am hoping they can match what ever color it is I choose to go with. It is really sad that Ultracote does not offer the matching paint any longer. Kind of sucks actually. Oh well, I am sure I can figure something out. You have idea, yes? Listening....

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
As a side note: I took a peeksy at B and E graphics website. I was so pleased with the Yak graphics I got from them I figured they would have what I was looking for. Yeppers..... @Pistolera will not be the "ONLY" one with a Radial look alike. Hee hee.... I actually have to give Earle credit for this one. His photo reminded me the front of the big round cowl is going to need some dressing up. Hell, I may even....yeah....why not? I am going to order one the correct size for my Sukhoi too.
:banana-dance::banana-dance::banana-dance:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@ericrs put me on to this company been looking at them. I just need to do a few more things to complete the building part of the ViperSt and then I will be into covering. This should be some time in January. The company is http://www.wingswestrc.com/ they look promising and I will be sending them an email soon for some info. Tel me what you think. The site is confusing so that is why I will be asking them how to order what I need. Hope this helps.
@stangflyer.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Hard to beat that B&E Graphics Pratt& Whitney radial!!! On the scoop....I cut two crosswise slots on the back of mine so the air essentially just flows thru it. You can just make out the rearmost one in this pic. The rectangular opening behind the scoop is for the exhaust.

BTW - I like the bullet shaped spinner too!
DSC07934.JPG

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
@ericrs put me on to this company been looking at them. I just need to do a few more things to complete the building part of the ViperSt and then I will be into covering. This should be some time in January. The company is http://www.wingswestrc.com/ they look promising and I will be sending them an email soon for some info. Tel me what you think. The site is confusing so that is why I will be asking them how to order what I need. Hope this helps.
@stangflyer.
Just spoke to Richard at Wings West. Nice guy. 25.00 per rattle can or bottle. Will mix any color you like. Either send him a 4"x4" swatch of your covrering, or supply him with a covering number. He will order in the covering and match the paint. I am going to send him the swatches of my covering. Saves time and money for him. Takes about a week to 10 days. I think this is an awesome avenue to pursue. Glad you posted the information.
Dicks number at Wings West, (949) 540-4059
Address is:
Wings West
22022 Comanche Rd.
Lake Forest, California 92630

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Just spoke to **** at Wings West. Nice guy. 25.00 per rattle can or bottle. Will mix any color you like. Either send him a 4"x4" swatch of your covrering, or supply him with a covering number. He will order in the covering and match the paint. I am going to send him the swatches of my covering. Saves time and money for him. Takes about a week to 10 days. I think this is an awesome avenue to pursue. Glad you posted the information.
Dicks number at Wings West, (949) 540-4059
Address is:
Wings West
22022 Comanche Rd.
Lake Forest, California 92630

After speaking to him is it better to give him the Ultracoat numbers or send him a 4 by 4 piece of covering.