• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC JTEC 2.7m Extra 300CS

RCHARKO

New to GSN!
Guess we should have a" JTEC brotherhood" group over here, sounds like there's more threads on the way already!
I'm all in for the "Brotherhood". I, too, have this same kit and it is an absolute joy to build! Both Al and Kevin are super people to work with. Keep up the good work!

Harko

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Post a linkee when its made please and thank you.
Id make one but hard to get buttins right at 80moh enroute to Phoenix LoL

Alky6

150cc
Kinda like the Profile Brotherhood? I like my slabs.
lol. Yep! slabs are a lot of fun! My mojo25 recently met its demise....LOL. Ton of fun right up to the point it met a tree. Tree won.
image.jpg

BalsaDust

lol. Yep! slabs are a lot of fun! My mojo25 recently met its demise....LOL. Ton of fun right up to the point it met a tree. Tree won.
View attachment 14618

I take it not even a Tube in the fuse could save that one. LOL That's what slabs are designed for though to abuse the hell out of them. I have dorked my sabre35 countless times in the last week with decent weather just goofing off with it.

Alky6

150cc
Catching up on some progress. Got a wing sheeted last week. Adding carbon (using the .007" laminate from ACP) and glued down with weldbond adds an incredible amount of rigidity. Only a 1.375 oz penalty per wing. Pretty awesome. I vacuum bagged the wing and it came out great. I will add caution removing from the shucks as I pulled a piece of the balsa off the end of the wing. Rookie move... Will have to add some more balsa to fix. On the second wing I had some damage to the trailing edge curtesy of UPS. I cut out a couple of pieces of foam from the turtle deck shuck and used weldbond to glue in place. Pinned the trailing edge flat to the table to align one side of the foam to wing surface. After it dried I sanded the other side flush. Good as new! Sheeting for second wing prepped, hoping to get glued up this weekend.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg