• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

JR XG 14E Tray Radio

rcpilotacro

70cc twin V2
I know tray is not the thing for USA, i was on regular radio from day one Futaba 4 Ch 72 Mhz to 14MZ & 18MZ then once flying 3D on a tray found it was more convenient to do so, therefore got one

JR XG 14E

Some cool features of this radio (ergonomics)

1. Rear cover opens easily and it houses nothing

2. Great Gimbals, these gimbals could be turned out/inwards upto 6 deg to suit your flying need (for those who inadvertently apply aileron/rudder while operating throttle/elev etc, nice feature)

3. Nice feel, Arms are far apart, easy to hold and fly

4. You could add a three position switch on the stick making it truely HOTAS (Hands On Throttle-And-Stick) Not Hot Ass :chuncky:

5. Palm rest allows you to rest your arm while flying, people who fly a lot will understand how important this facility is (incl for resting a beer can )
attachment.php

6. Switches are differently shaped so one could blindly access them without looking at it

Some Cool Features (Software)

1. Flight Modes (Any Mix, DR/Expo) on one switch , people who flew Sanwa will know

2. All Servo Hold, Servo Speed, Servo Monitor, Servo Delay & Servo Balance

3. Camber Mix

4. Swash to any mix, Tail Curve, Tail to Pitch, ON the fly Gov/Gyro change with Trim func that could be assigned to trim switch (there are two aux trim levers)

5. Telemetry with ab-initio Rx Voltage (cool feature for Slope Soarers) with alarm

6. Four types of snap rolls (Upright & Inverted, right & Left)

7. Throttle Stick direction (SPOI , Read page 90 of the manual)

8. Custom Mix (Anything to anything)

reveiw-jr-xg-14e-tray-radio

to make it tray, you to need to ream some holes yourself :chuncky:

After Fitting the tray (Rest just slides in, no screwing in etc required)

Model ! My Son

8316=3061-smileys-beer-129300.gif]
8316=3061-smileys-beer-129300.gif

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
can you post a picture of just the completed radio? is that a kit that you installed or did you make the parts?

Bart

rcpilotacro

70cc twin V2
Just did some close crazy flying with a quad over the lake nearby, helping a friend covering Sailing regatta. With this radio

Pics

Better Half

attachment.php

Skids touching the lake

my-flying-activities-gusty

See reflection

my-flying-activities-gusty

8336=3078-JR Radio.jpg
8336=3078-JR Radio.jpg

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
member at multirotorforums.com? we speak multi's. :)

thanks for the pics.....i started using a neck strap when I started flying multi's but the hand rests would be nice too...gotta look into that