• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Joe Nall 2016 = QUIET!!!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
"Will be a requirement" Bummer ! no way I'm going since it would be a requirement for me to alter all of my planes to be compliant . I really wanted to go next year. Oh well they will still have it without me.

Just don't fly full throttle and rip, good grief I sure hope TT re-words that deal quick before nobody plans to go. I dont think anyone has to modify anything.

@SleepyC you know people, get some clarification on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STAT.

Build a AirPort people move in next to airport then complain :devil::msn_slap::cheers::sleeping: Need to build next to old folks home. Why not cant hear gives them something to watch..

CEThomas

50cc
Need to build next to old folks home. Why not cant hear gives them something to watch..[/QUOTE said:
LOL , NO the old folks home is the one that sent the county commissioners to the 99 Masters and started the move to woodruff.

Fibertech

70cc twin V2
Just don't fly full throttle and rip, good grief I sure hope TT re-words that deal quick before nobody plans to go. I dont think anyone has to modify anything.

@SleepyC you know people, get some clarification on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STAT.
I agree. Clarification is need first before going ballistic guys so slow down.

thurmma

150cc
"To prevent ANY possible problems with our current and future neighbors, Triple Tree will require, beginning with Joe Nall 2016 to be “neighbor friendly”. Canister mufflers, three blade props, “soft mounting” of engines, and less than full throttle passes can all be utilized to make our models more environmentally friendly and will be a requirement for Joe Nell 2016.

I just copied this directly from TT's site, and the only "REQUIREMENT" is to be neighbor friendly. How we choose to do this is up to US :)

IKE

50cc
What about the jets DB, how do you put canisters on a warbird, maybe the neighbors don't like getting woke up every morning at six am. Maybe we should move flying in the morning to a reasonable time to let them sleep. There are more issues to the people around triple tree than just prop ripping. I do not rip the prop but i will stay at home to prevent a eleven hour drive one way just so i can be told i can't fly. We will see who shows up.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
This "requirement" does not sound like a request or suggestion to me.

http://www.tripletreeaerodrome.com/news.php

Recent AMA articles have dealt with the issue of noise created by some of our models. Noise is certainly in the top two or three issues faced by many clubs around the world. If we, as modelers, wait for our neighbors to complain, you can rest assured the issue is significant.
To prevent ANY possible problems with our current and future neighbors, Triple Tree will require, beginning with Joe Nall 2016 to be “neighbor friendly”. Canister mufflers, three blade props, “soft mounting” of engines, and less than full throttle passes can all be utilized to make our models more environmentally friendly and will be a requirement for Joe Nell 2016.

Here is my take on this.

The "and will be a requirement for Joe Nall 2016" refers to making models more environmentally friendly. Environmentally friendly at this point seems to be focused on reducing noise via engine exhaust or prop rip.

The examples provided; cans, 3-blade props, soft engine mounts, and throttle management by the pilot are ways to achieve noise reduction but have nothing to do with the "requirement." So, as pointed out previously, throttle management by the pilot will get you there without spending a dime on cans/props/mounts.

To me the only thing that needs clarification is if you attend Nall 2016 and are asked to submit your plane for a sound check, what standard, method or criteria will be used to determine a pass/fail.

I think if you can't follow the rules set forth by the home field, then you shouldn't attend such event. Everyone thinks that Nall is a carefree event? So far from the truth.

First, you have Pat Harness. Owner and creator of TTA. A powerful man in the community. Does lots for the aviation industry. Look at TTA for example.

Next, the TT staff. Club members and volunteers. They are the ones who run the event. Piss any of them off, you may as well go home.

Next, the rules board. Kind of not there. But TTA is an AMA sanctioned facility. We all know the rules of safety. Obey them! Use your brain about other things.

Next, the pilots. If any of the pilots are flying like an out of control maniac, ask them if they are having an issue before jumping to a conclusion and shredding their ass. If no issues, be kind and let them know that "YOU" think they are flying in an unsafe manner. If they get all huffy puffy pussy, walk away and find a TTA member/volounteer. They are there to help too. They aren't enforcement officers. They fly to have fun, very much like we do. After all, this is a hobby for crying out loud.

There are so many more things, us as modelers can to to preserve TTA. Play your part, or don't attend is how I see it.