• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Joe Nall 2016, Official Noise Policy?

thurmma

150cc
When I camped in 2014, I was on the main line and made sure that I was nowhere near an rv for the main reason of the generators running all the time. Just a little planning on my part worked out great for my daughter and I.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
there was a guy by me that ran his generator hours past midnight, i was sleeping with earplugs and it still kept me awake

:(
Yeah some are just not good neighbors, there was this one certain individual, between his gen,an his glow plane, it was just uncalled for. I'd love to take the BUCKTARD for a snipe hunt.

When I camped in 2014, I was on the main line and made sure that I was nowhere near an rv for the main reason of the generators running all the time. Just a little planning on my part worked out great for my daughter and I.
I've been going since 2008, never much of a problem. The rv gens a pair of ear plugs, an a few beers no problem, this IDIOT had some off brand LOUD as hell gen. He ran it 24/7 it ran outta fuel, he filled right bk up,an off running again. I think once you get as big as the Nall has become, you gonna get a few dumb asses. It's all good I love the Nall,and most all the Nallers are amazing folks, we just happen to have a disrespectful prick move in around us,and as Tater Salad says YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID

Attachments

• 201502_1034_cbdhe_sm.jpg
    201502_1034_cbdhe_sm.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 470

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I know there was one guy in the 3D camp that had a sleeping apparatus of some sort that required power, so he's excused. And it wasn't even warm at night either, infact it got kind of cold at some points, had to shut the roof vents in the RV (keep in mind I'm from Southern California :oblong:). I swear some of those guys just like to waste gas.

Last edited:
Funny. This thread was originally about the threat that aircraft noise poised to the future of TT and Joe Nall but frankly the discussion about the noise at the camp sites by folks that are apparently either so lost in the sauce they don't realize the noise some of these generators create or don't care, which is very discerning, probably poses a greater threat. TT is a jewel and Nall is the crown for that jewel. Tent camping is to Joe Nall as the smell of gas and turbine exhaust is to the main and 3D line. This may be the only affordable option for a lot of folks. I think that TT needs to get a handle on the generator issue by requiring camp site/RV park approved generators and or quiet hours. Seems to be very reasonable options to keep Joe Nall the incredible "experience" it is.:big-grin:

RJ 706

70cc twin V2
I brought this up on the other site several years ago after enduring some Briggs and Stratten powered generators screaming for 23 1/2 hours every day and the threats came flooding in.
I have a quiet diesel generator in my MH which you can barely hear and I always shut it down before midnight.
It was disappointing that some people in this sport would be so self centered.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
That is the main reason I will not be attending the big electric event here in Minnesota. It has become a human zoo. You get Bit#%ed at by an official if it looks like you flew over the grass between the runway and the flying station, but there is no one around to "officiate" the non pass wearing spectators that cut right through our airplane parking area and chairs, tripping over our stuff. And there is no room to park anymore unless you get there 4 days before the show starts. Too big too fast. I think the smaller events with less ego's are alot of fun. I think after hearing alot of the stories, I would probably just go to Nall one day just to see Gabby fly and see if I could meet a few of the fellas from GSN and put a face to some of the names. Otherwise, it just seems like it would get old quick, like Oshkosh did.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
That is the main reason I will not be attending the big electric event here in Minnesota. It has become a human zoo. You get Bit#%ed at by an official if it looks like you flew over the grass between the runway and the flying station, but there is no one around to "officiate" the non pass wearing spectators that cut right through our airplane parking area and chairs, tripping over our stuff. And there is no room to park anymore unless you get there 4 days before the show starts. Too big too fast. I think the smaller events with less ego's are alot of fun. I think after hearing alot of the stories, I would probably just go to Nall one day just to see Gabby fly and see if I could meet a few of the fellas from GSN and put a face to some of the names. Otherwise, it just seems like it would get old quick, like Oshkosh did.
We stayed in a hotel in Greenville. It was nice to be able to get away and get some good sleep. Not a terrible drive either.