• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Is it true?....Solar Powered?

m0dest

30cc
I read somewhere a couple months ago that you guys(the Smith family) were using a solar charging setup.

Is it true? And if so if you could shed some light on the setup.

If not mods feel free to delete.

Manta

70cc twin V2
Its 2 145 watt panels in parallel. A Sunforce controller. Some wire, and Big batteries.:)

So amazon had a set of these with a parallel cable for about 230 bones. Sound about right? Ive nit sourced a controller yet tho. Just looking at panels. I think a cool gig would be to mount them on my plane trailer roof. Maybe have like a removable mount deal.

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
So amazon had a set of these with a parallel cable for about 230 bones. Sound about right? Ive nit sourced a controller yet tho. Just looking at panels. I think a cool gig would be to mount them on my plane trailer roof. Maybe have like a removable mount deal.
I 've had them on my Motorhome for years. Joe took em off and set them up to charge his batteries. About a 10 minute swap to put em back on the Mhome.

Manta

70cc twin V2
Yea,I was thinking camper/motorhome to plane trailer deal.. Think i will try and save up and make that happen. Need to sell my camper and just use dads. He doesnt use it.