• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Incidence Meters

Apologies for posting this in the "build threads" section, it seemed the most appropriate place to put a question about a build tool.

I'd like to buy an incidence meter suitable for use with giant scale (up to 40% planes). I wanted to get the Hangar 9 AnglePro along with the extension bar, but it seems to have been discontinued. Anyone got any recommendations for other decent, currently available devices please?

Thanks!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I'll probably get laughed at with this, but since I only "build" aerobatic planes. I have gone to using a tape measure and very carefully measuring from a known datum point. I have not used an incidence meter for my last 5 wing installations and normally require only 1-2 clicks of aileron if any.

What was recommended to me by a respected pro builder is to set them by measuring and verify with a meter. My battery's went dead in the meter two builds ago...

I have been using the H9 meter for a few years now. Being discontinued I wish I would have purchased a other one. The robart ones look like they would look good for setting up wings. I used my meter all the time for servo set up on dual or Tripple aileron/ elevator servo set ups. Makes setting up the geometry much easier. Just play with subtrims a little and rarely need to adjust end points. When it is time for matching, they are pretty much spot on.

I had the Hangar 9 version and couldn't seem to get repeatable results from it...
What servos were you using. I only ask because I set up a plane using a popular budget brand that is programable and I had similar experiences. In fact I would have to retrim from time to time. When I went to JR servos I never had that issue again. It is usually withing .1-.2 degrees every time.

camss69

70cc twin V2
What servos were you using. I only ask because I set up a plane using a popular budget brand that is programable and I had similar experiences. In fact I would have to retrim from time to time. When I went to JR servos I never had that issue again. It is usually withing .1-.2 degrees every time.

I think at the time they were JR 8611A..