• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC practice tips for new pilots.

Quick question, on the Sportsman, the two point roll, then Q loop, once i do the 1st half roll, if the airplane travels one fuselage length, is it a ZERO?, meaning, if the pause is too long?
then, once i get back to level, if the airplane travels one airplane length before pulling to start the 7/8 loop, is it a Zero?

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Awesome thread, just chewed up my lunch break reading it all, some great tips, I have wanted to get into IMAC for a long time and this might have just kick started the motivation :) Thanks

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Quick question, on the Sportsman, the two point roll, then Q loop, once i do the 1st half roll, if the airplane travels one fuselage length, is it a ZERO?, meaning, if the pause is too long?
then, once i get back to level, if the airplane travels one airplane length before pulling to start the 7/8 loop, is it a Zero?
Its a point reduction but shouldn't be a zero unless you have a really rwally long pause between lines, the pull should be immediately after the point rolls though.
The important element on the figure Q is the 45° line at 3/4 loop, should be very defined and not a mush from loop to line and baxk to level. Hope that helps

IMAC FANATIC

Oops, re read, the point roll into the loop is a standard point roll, almost everyone does it with a tiny hesitation between elements, try to keep it as brief as possible until you can do ot fluidly, a .5 deduction for one plane lwnfth is betwr than an ugly figure, just do your best and keep the next point roll at the same half cuban the same rate to keep the judges in your flow of things.

Hi Doc... I just saw this...so sorry for the delay in answering.

Firstly, the rules do not designate how long of a pause can be made in point rolls. All the rules say regarding the pause is: "Each pause of a point roll must be clearly recognizable in every case." So, to answer your first question: No, it is not a zero.

Secondly, there should not be a line between the end of the roll and pulling into the 7/8 loop. If there is a line, the rules dictate that there is a minimum 2 point deduction. (see page SCA-52 of the rulebook). It is not a zero. However, if there is a long enough line, the judges may/could consider the figure to be two instead of one....then there is the possibility of the figure being zeroed.
Wayne

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Just signed up for my first IMAC comp here in AU, its mid Sept, so i have 3 months to practice, only issue is its the start of winter so here's praying I can get some nice weekends to get out there.

IMAC FANATIC

Thats fantastic everytime someone get his IMAC number the angels rejoice LoL, keep us informed and any questions we'll try to answer !

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Thanks, a mate of mine has given me a short list of things to work on for my first event, with only 3 months and an estimated 10-15 practice flights before it starts I am not looking to do well, more learn from the experience and understand how it all works so i am geared up for the next available comp.

jordyk81

New to GSN!
Thanks, a mate of mine has given me a short list of things to work on for my first event, with only 3 months and an estimated 10-15 practice flights before it starts I am not looking to do well, more learn from the experience and understand how it all works so i am geared up for the next available comp.
Hey Lojik, If you want to come up to Wagga in mid August you would be more than welcome. It's a pretty relaxed comp and you will get to meet some other people that Ararat is too far away from. Unfortunately I can't make it to Ararat again this year because of work commitments. All the guys I have met through IMAC are top blokes, you will have a ball.