• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC learning and support using flight videos

I did get to fly my 92 edge on Saturday PM and let young Zack try it out.

I need to work on point rolls as that basic maneuver still alludes me as I never can keep the line straight.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Tutorial completed. Best on laptop or desktop to get captions. I need a camera man with a zoom! I hope it helps some folks.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8KrgmfTro1U

Also started a playlist, Need to get Matt out with his nice camera to get some quality video (these are all shot with my HK HD hat/ wing cam- good for what it is). The real point of these tutorials is to give new precision/ IMAC pilots a "feel" of the flow of the event and the interaction with the callers. If you follow along with the "flimsie's" and a stick plane it gives you a good sense of the pace.

Better video with zoom will help us focus on maneuver specifics and common errors. Patience! The video editing takes a lot of time. In the mean time I hope these help more people "get it" and start to fly more precision. Once those lines start getting good you'll find yourself flying them without knowing it. Entering and exiting tumbles and 3D/ XA maneuvers is so much nicer "on line". Fly hard, on line and often!

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzy97r1cosTppVu6B83wrHK_2nVJDwYly

Last edited by a moderator:
For iMac flying I suggest getting something by Precision Aerobatics. They combine carbon fiber fusion and laser cut plywood to make their airplanes amazing with light hardcore 3D maneuvers. However, the design of their airframes makes them able to track in perfectly straight lines and be one of the best precision planes you will ever fly. I've even tried flying F3A/Pattern with it and it does it amazing. I highly recommend any Precision Aerobatics plane for you. If you're looking for specifics, I would suggest either the new XR-52 or the Katana MX

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
For iMac flying I suggest getting something by Precision Aerobatics. They combine carbon fiber fusion and laser cut plywood to make their airplanes amazing with light hardcore 3D maneuvers. However, the design of their airframes makes them able to track in perfectly straight lines and be one of the best precision planes you will ever fly. I've even tried flying F3A/Pattern with it and it does it amazing. I highly recommend any Precision Aerobatics plane for you. If you're looking for specifics, I would suggest either the new XR-52 or the Katana MX
Thanks for the suggestion.

I am not sure the super light PA stuff will do good at IMAC. Wind is always a factor at contest, and having more mass and wing loading helps for this sort of flying. Also you could only compete with it in Basic as it does not meet the 10% rule in the higher classes.