• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Ignition Switches

I switched my 30cc over to this same arming style switch this spring and it has worked out great. I will be changing all of my gassers over to this style of switch. I also went to a tech aero for the first time this year when I built my 60cc Edge(I was a die hard opto kill & separate battery guy). The Tech Aero is working out great and I think I will be converting over to them as well.

I had one come out in the air on a 6s electric system cost a plane Not sure I'd trust it on a big plane

I had one come out in the air on a 6s electric system cost a plane Not sure I'd trust it on a big plane

Was the one you had fail a deans or APP connector? I'm just asking because on my APP plug, it is a positive lock when plugged in with a noticable snap when fully engaged, it's not difficult to pull out but definitly requires effort. I put 50+ flights on it this summer with no issues.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I have been using these RCXL switches. Inexpensive and I have never heard of anyone having a failure.
http://rcaircraftcomponents.com/products/rcxl-optic-gas-engine-kill-switch/
Bullet proof in design and functionality. Don't have to use a separate battery if you don't want to, however I use the separate battery feature for redundancy and to keep things a little more isolated. Dependable for all size motors. Very inexpensive.... My preference for all my setups.

Was the one you had fail a deans or APP connector? I'm just asking because on my APP plug, it is a positive lock when plugged in with a noticable snap when fully engaged, it's not difficult to pull out but definitly requires effort. I put 50+ flights on it this summer with no issues.

It had the app plug on outside of plane that is what came loose

Sorry I haven't responded. I've been really busy lately and didn't see your post notification. That sucks about the loss of your plane, I'll keep a close eye on mine before and after every use and if I notice any loosening of the connection I'll stop using it.