• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

If You Want To Participate In A Podcast/Hangout Please Post Here.

AKfreak

150cc
If You Want To Participate In A Podcast/Hangout Please Post Here.

Hey guys and gals, I want to start a monthly hangout where we can all talk real time via Google Hangout on G+. If you don't already have a gmail account and want to be part of this, please sign up for one, and I'll help you get started. Hangouts are sure simple, and I'll do a tutorial on how to get started for those interested who might be a little apprehensive.

These Hangouts will be allot of fun, and it help many of us to put a face to the name. We will talk about anything related to RC, but let's try to focus on our little niche, 3D. It will be interesting to hear about current and past happenings and projects, as well as a chance in real time to as questions from special guests.

The difference between this and a podcast, is a podcast is usually one or two peoples perspective on a topic, and often times a specific questions aren't answered. In this format, it's more of a round table, and many people have a chance to interact. I have been in a few handouts, and I can tell you first hand, they're a lot of fun.

Another cool aspect of the hangout format is that many people that aren't sitting at the round table can ask questions or make comments in real time. Lastly all of this information and wackiness is saved as a youtube video which serves as an archive. I find the hangout to be a very interesting twist on a podcast, and I hope that many of you forum members will set up your G+ accounts and be a part of this fun format. With that said, I want feedback from all of you. I want to know what would be a good time and day of the week to give this a shot.

So who wants to hangout? You just never know who you might get a chance to talk to face to face from your own home. I have lots of interesting friends, who said they would consider talking with us if I get this rolling. AKF

I always seem to have projects to talk about. I used to do a lot of conference calls at work so I know there is a limit to how big a group you can manage.

AKfreak

150cc
The Hangout is a bit different from a conference call. We can do 6 or 7 on the panel, and as many who want to follow/comment can. What is a good day of the week and time?

dskuro95

100cc
Monday 3:30-whenever
Tuesday-Thursday 3:30-6:30; 8:30-whenever
Friday 7-whenever
I'll be flying all day Saturday and Sunday. Up for a chat at night.

I am on call all week so I could be around anytime, just depends if work calls. Friday is not great as we have a float fly event starting then.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I would love to do this sometime. I won't be able to participate this next week though. I'll be out of town for training.

AKfreak

150cc
I would love to do this sometime. I won't be able to participate this next week though. I'll be out of town for training.

Cool, then we know to schedule one next week :)p. JK, we will do a few of these if everyone likes them.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
depends on the time zone difference but I think this will be a great place people can also "ask" for advise or help on anything 3D and get a direct verbal discussion on it.