• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Idiot Boy Builds an Old School World Engines Robin Hood 99 Kit

pawnshopmike

Staff member
No glue yet. Just a dry run while I muster up the courage to start smearing some glue on this big O'l wing.

image.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
w

When you say welded. Do you steel welded or silver solder (brazing). Interested to know if you did do the proper silver solder how did you do it and where did you get the solder.

Kevin used a mig welder on the landing gear.

Man hope that is the full wing and not just one half, if it is I can see why you are apprehensive I would be that is big ****wing. Make sure you get all the sparse in correctly.

Yes that is the whole wing. 99" one piece wing. Would like to have made it a two piece for easier transport, but with the dihedral it would have been a real pain in the arse. I could have built a two piece without dihedral pretty easily. But the whole purpose of this build is to have an easy lazy day flyer.

Pancake

50cc
I was wondering if you were going one-piece! It's a big wing to transport! One of the reasons I let mine go...

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Kevin used a mig welder on the landing gear.

Yes that is the whole wing. 99" one piece wing. Would like to have made it a two piece for easier transport, but with the dihedral it would have been a real pain in the arse. I could have built a two piece without dihedral pretty easily. But the whole purpose of this build is to have an easy lazy day flyer.
You had better get a big soft padded wing bag for that it will suffer from Hanger rash for sure at that size.