Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Idiot Boy Builds an Old School World Engines Robin Hood 99 Kit

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by pawnshopmike, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Thanks and yes sir. @Decal Dennis has four 3D printers so hit him up if you need anything.

Jetpainter, 49dimes and Alky6 like this.
  2. Yep the Skullys are on the bottom. Lots more graphics to come. I just have to figure out what exactly then I can cut and apply them. Stay tuned!

3. It looks great Mike!! Now get it in the air! :)

4. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Get that baby flying! Then you can bring it to Midwest Air Wing so I can see it fly............. and by the way I'm partial to Skittles or M&M's :lol2:

5. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Umm.....how's it fly? :laughing:

49dimes, pawnshopmike and Jetpainter like this.
  6. Hope to find out soon! Been working on the time consuming details like snake skin and CA hardening all the little screw holes for the window frames and battery tray. Getting really close to the finish line.

49dimes, Jetpainter and stangflyer like this.
  7. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 150cc

Canada
    Getting close we are waiting to see this thing fly the kids are starving for the candy.

49dimes, Jetpainter and pawnshopmike like this.
  8. Ugh. The devil really is in the details. The last 1% is taking me the longest. :confused:

In my defense, this is the first time I've built a large gasser, first time I've setup a cargo bay, first time I've setup a tow release and the very first plane I've programmed with my DX18. But I'll get there. Slowly but surely. Tonight I managed to assign switches to the cargo bay and tow release using Aux 2 and Aux 3. Then I got them programmed for open/closed and tow/release. Now that that's done it should move a little faster. Slowly picking away at the to-do-list.

9. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

If it is any consolation Mike, the little "tidy up" things are always the worst to complete. Mainly because the "whole" of the project is nearing it's completion and it's like...dang, I gotta remember to do... or, I rats, I didn't get....done. For me, it takes a week just to get to programming servos. LOL. You'll get there. Just keep plugging away at it.

10. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 150cc

Canada
    Take your time on this part of the build, this is the part that will put you into the ground faster than any other part of the build.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017 at 10:00 AM
    49dimes and pawnshopmike like this.