• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Ideas for manufacturing Engine mounts and standoffs?

Hi all. I have been seeing threads about engine mounts, standoffs, and such. My future Son in Law owns an industrial machine shop. I'd like to have him make some runs on things we could use to fit the need of the RC hobbyist. But more so, built the way "we" want it. Any ideas?

Steve

yes, make one for a DA 150/170/200!
about 43 mm in length,
and the 4 holes to be spaced center center of 80 mm by 90 mm in a rectangle shape.
the 4 holes for the bolts need to accept 6 mm bolts.

Reactions: Jlc
da 200 mount.jpg

Nice, give me the actual file. What format? Does the drawing have the exact measurements for that engine?
How about other engines? What other stuff can we come up with. Servo arms, think of something you'd rather pay less for. Then hit me up. I still need a drawing of a baffle for a Pilot RC 35% Extra 330. What other popular planes are you all flying that you'd like baffles for? Wing bolts with large heads to make them install-able by hand? Cmon fellas/ladies, holla at me. :grouphug:

The new Dalton ARF, which can be outfitted with a DA 150, 170, 200, and DLE 222, all have the same bolt pattern, which is 80 mm by 90 mm.

I do not know what the depth would be on the new ARF kits.

On A Dalton 300 ML, with the short motor box for a DA 200, you need between 43 and 45 mm of depth.

Just to give you an idea. I believe there is a market for these, especially for the people buying the Dalton ARF Extra from PAU.